Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Gang Starr??

Edit: PS @SuperBacon, there's a Skinnyman Council Estate of Mind gig in April at the Jazz Cafe I'm dead keen on, as I didn't end up making that other one either in the end. You up for it?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

19 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Gang Starr??

Edit: PS @SuperBacon, there's a Skinnyman Council Estate of Mind gig in April at the Jazz Cafe I'm dead keen on, as I didn't end up making that other one either in the end. You up for it?

Assume his son, Big Shug, Freddie Foxxx etc filling in? Premier live is just him shouting over the records anyway.

Yeah, I’ll be up for that. Will keep an eye on funds this month and get back to you 👍

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Gods Of Rap II tour will feature Nas, DMX, The Lox and Gangstarr. 14 year old me would've been sick at that announcement.

35 year old me with kids and rent to pay sees the ticket prices and groans.

Same. £96 for a midweek gig? Fuck that. I'll be amazed if DMX actually makes it over too.

9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Hey sorry I missed this before. Not super excited by that one tbh. I just found out the skinnyman show is with a live band :( . fuck's sake 

What’s wrong with a live band? I’ve seen Jehst with a band and it was great 

22 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

There’s a Kool G Rap documentary in the works.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.54481/title.kool-g-rap-documentary-in-the-works

Sign me up for that! 

Nice. He’s definitely the one out of the “GOAT”s that I’m least familiar with, and I’m not sure why that is as he’s incredible. In fact his verse on Mobb Deeps The Realest is one of my favourites of all time.

Maybe because he hasn’t made what’s deemed to be a “classic” album, but then neither did Kane so I don’t know what I’m on about.

I was the same until about the last year or so. But I started listening to him a fair bit a few months ago. As well as ‘The Realest’, which is indeed class, I love these as well.

’Operation CB’ (cock blocking);

‘It’s A Shame’;

And probably my favourite KGR track of them all, ‘On The Run’;

”So I snuck up on the sucka. Put my gun to his head ‘What’s up now, motherfucka?’ He said ‘Wait, I wanna talk’...I put his brains on the sidewalk”.

One of the best Hip Hop storytellers for me. A master of painting a vivid picture that takes you on a journey for 3 minutes or so. Also a big fan of ‘Streets Of New York’ and that ‘Fast Life’ track did with Nas. 

Edited by wandshogun09