UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

Damn you neil!!

I'm fucking loving that IVRY ep, but it's too short. I need more! More 100s!!

Has he done anything else worth checking out? All else I saw was that Ice Cold Perm which was pretty weak by comparison (but tbh I haven't given it much of a chance, so will do if you rate it)

You should def have a listen to this then,

I'll be going "ten friggy, ten friggy" for hours after listening to this.

Love the tune, but not sold on his rapping to be honest. With that kind of vibe, you expect Nate Dogg to cruise past in his lowrider rather than this standard misogynist bullshit.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate. Il defo be checking them out. Ive heard a few pro era bits. They seem decent.

I used to love hip hop when I used to think I was American and listen to Rap and wear pretty much exclusivley NBA or NFL jerseys. Hows times have changed! I used to love Jadakiss and Beanie Sigel, do the have any recentish stuff knocking about?

Also whilst im here whatever happened to people like Freeway and Memphis Bleek and whoever else was knocking about with Rocafella? Did they just fall off the map?

Sorry in advance if this snowballs into me asking where every rapper I used to listen to between 02/07 has gone lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I've just seen this trailer for a new documentary film focusing on the classic Illmatic album.

Description taken from Youtube: "Twenty years after the release of Nass groundbreaking debut album Illmatic, NAS: TIME IS ILLMATIC takes us into the heart of his creative process. Returning to his childhood home in Queensbridge, Nas shares stories of his upbringing, his influences from the music of his jazz musician father Olu Dara to the burgeoning hip-hop scene in New York City and the obstacles he faced before his major label signing at age 20. Featuring interviews with his Illmatic producers Large Professor, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, L.E.S., and DJ Premier and musical peers including Pharrell Williams and Alicia Keys, NAS: TIME IS ILLMATIC is a thrilling account of Nass evolution from a young street poet to a visionary MC"

• Paid Members

There's a gym right by the train station I commute from every morning so I'm quite often subjected to whatever music they're blaring out (what with it being part of the university, it's generally a bit shit). Today though, as I was walking down the street, I thought I was hearing 'Ich Bin Ein Auslander' by Pop Will Eat Itself but as I got closer, I realised it was actually some hip hop track that had either sampled and looped the beat or used something very similar. 

However, I've had a bit of a search for what it might be on my lunch break and can't find anything so I thought I'd ask in here because I'm genuinely intrigued as to who might have used some 90's British rock track in a, presumably quite modern, rap song.