UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hey guys.

Sorry - I really haven't had a chance to pull this together. I know it probably seems like I'm on this forum loads, but it's generally either quick bursts at work, or on my phone!

But to prove I don't hate all UK rap (and because it's fucking brilliant) here is

This guy is great, and he does these every year. A round up of the year in rap form. Normally the videos are great too, but I guess he's been busy because they've not got a video up yet for this one but it is coming soon apparently.

Worth checking out the ones he did for previous years too, actually, whilst you're there.

• Moderators

No idea. He did some good tracks in his time though.

So I made this mix the other day, mostly to perk me up on the drive to work. Thought I would share it here -

https://soundcloud.com/thanuts/driveby

1) Ice Cube - Ghetto Bird

2) Prodigy ft Twins - In the Smash

3) 5th Ward Boyz - Underground Gs

4) Rasco - Me & My Crew

5) Celly Cel ft Levitti - Funk 4 Life

6) Notorious BIG - Going back to Cali

7) Redman ft George Clinton - JUMP

8) Richboy - Niggaz get to poppin' (Megasoid rmx)

9) Disco Rick and the Wolf Pack - Who's in the House

10) Freddie Gibbs - Menace II Society

11) Beatnuts - It's Nothing

12) OneManArmy - Here and Now

13) Arsonists - Wordplay

14) Joey Bada$$ ft Capital STEEZ - Survival Tactics

15) Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz - make it reign

16) Blueprint - Trouble on my Mind

17) Prince Po - Hold Dat (rmx)

18) Kool G Rap & Dj Polo - Talk Like Sex

19) Lord Aaqil - Kid, What's Ya Name

Edit: Balls. Soundcloud won't allow it for copyright reasons.

Leaving this post here because I want the track list saved somewhere, and I will re-up to mixcloud when I can get it to work.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

Yeah, I've seen that they're doing London too. It should excite me because I love the album but.. man, I wanna see some new shit that really excites me. I want to be inspired! As much fun as a trip down memory lane will be...

It's on a Thursday and weekdays are a little difficult for me at the minute because of my current job. I think ultimately I'mma give it a miss.

• Paid Members
Where at? need to get to this.

Sound Control.

Yeah, I've seen that they're doing London too. It should excite me because I love the album but.. man, I wanna see some new shit that really excites me. I want to be inspired! As much fun as a trip down memory lane will be...

It's a Friday in Manc so the temptation to get mildly crunked & karaoke it up to 'Oh Shit' & 'Passing Me By' may be too strong to resist :p .

• Paid Members

How am I just hearing "Bird on a Wire" by Riff Raff and Action Bronson now? The production is so beautiful I want to hold hands and walk in the park with it, then we can sit on the grass and talk about the clouds. It would be a perfect day but then the beat would leave the country on a work placement and we'd gradually grow apart but I'd always have the memories.

Also I've been listening to lots of Nujabes stuff recently. He is sadly missed. Here is a song:

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

This is nice too:

Loads of good tracks on this playlist:

All very mellow and relaxing stuff with lots of strings and piano. Some instrumentals and some with rappers.

He died in a car accident in 2010 but was putting music out for fourteen years before that so there's loads of stuff available.

Edited by JLM