Chest Rockwell

UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh cool. I didn't know they had a new album, but Muggs has been producing some great stuff recently, namely the planet Asia and Roc Marciano albums. I will check that out!

The Roc Marciano one is next on my list to listen to. If you go into the Cypress Hill with the right mind set (it's essentially a concept album) I think you'll really dig it.

Nice. What you said about a coherent piece of work that's more than just beats and rhymes is very true. I think it's one of the things that's got me so excited about the Edan and Homeboy Sandman album. It's funny that, even though it's a concept album with a single producer, the Polo/Ace album didn't have that feel for me.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:10 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh cool. I didn't know they had a new album, but Muggs has been producing some great stuff recently, namely the planet Asia and Roc Marciano albums. I will check that out!

That Muggs and Marciano album is superb. Grimey, dusty, makes me feel like I'm stuck in some dingy, smoke filled studio whilst some hip hop/funk band are playing. It's great stuff. Good shout

Posting as I can't seem to find anywhere talking about how similar sounding Too $hort - only dimes is and Ariana Grande - Thank u next are. Both in my opinion are good but it's driving me mad not finding anyone else that thinks the songs instrumentals are similar. As they both came out at a similar time doubt it would be a case of who sampled who first (or if they was an original sample they both used) like Geto boys - mind playing tricks on me and Kodak black - Transporting both sampling the late great Isaac Hayes. Or just might be a gargantuan coincidence. Anyway my thoughts are shared.

Just got around to listening to Chester P’s newest album that came out last week and it’s quality. 

Really liked this track ‘The Sermon’ with Ramson Badbones;

Edit - OK, seems this song is actually years old but I’ve never heard it. Not up on Chester P, or UK stuff in general really. Apparently this was a mixtape years ago that’s been re-released. As you were. 

Edited by wandshogun09

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Just got around to listening to Chester P’s newest album that came out last week and it’s quality. 

Really liked this track ‘The Sermon’ with Ramson Badbones;

Edit - OK, seems this song is actually years old but I’ve never heard it. Not up on Chester P, or UK stuff in general really. Apparently this was a mixtape years ago that’s been re-released. As you were. 

His most recent was The Post Apocalyptic Story Teller which was very, very decent.

One of the best MCs to ever find out of this or any other country. Been a fan since New Mic Order, and one of the nicest humans I’ve ever met. Seeing him next month along with Lewis Parker, can’t wait.

19 hours ago, I like root beer said:

Posting as I can't seem to find anywhere talking about how similar sounding Too $hort - only dimes is and Ariana Grande - Thank u next are. Both in my opinion are good but it's driving me mad not finding anyone else that thinks the songs instrumentals are similar. As they both came out at a similar time doubt it would be a case of who sampled who first (or if they was an original sample they both used) like Geto boys - mind playing tricks on me and Kodak black - Transporting both sampling the late great Isaac Hayes. Or just might be a gargantuan coincidence. Anyway my thoughts are shared.

Tons of people of Twitter have been going on about how it sounds like a Ryuichi Sakamoto track.