UKFF's Best Goals Ever

Forrest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer in this thread is obviously Bergkamp versus Argentina at France '98. Just an absolutely wonderful goal for so many reasons.

Some other belters (two from my team):

Shunsuke Nakamura scores the best goal I've ever seen in the flesh against Rangers

My favourite non-Celtic player Kuba Blaszczykowski sends Poland crazy against Russia at the Euros

Well i have had a good look through all of the above selections & what a cracking bunch of goals we have. My top pick would be from the original poster to this thread in the shape of Roberto Carlos - Tournoi De France 1997.

With the benefit of slow motion & a good camera angle, At no point does the ball look like it is going in......Then it does! Also the stationary goalkeeper is really close to that side of the goal, Yet might as well have been a million miles away!

• Paid Members
Well i have had a good look through all of the above selections & what a cracking bunch of goals we have. My top pick would be from the original poster to this thread in the shape of Roberto Carlos - Tournoi De France 1997.

With the benefit of slow motion & a good camera angle, At no point does the ball look like it is going in......Then it does! Also the stationary goalkeeper is really close to that side of the goal, Yet might as well have been a million miles away!

I remember when I was at school, we had a poster up in one of the science labs that explained the physics behind how it actually worked. That goal was spoken about for ages, people couldn't believe it.

• Paid Members

That was back in the days when I wanted teams from England to do well in Europe. I remember being gutted that night. Seaman's heroics in the previous match had started for my 18 month love affair with Arsenal. Then I went through a period of drawing pictures of David May slicing Nigel Winterburns face off and wearing it as a mask. The phase of liking Arsenal didn't last long.

As bitter as this sounds, I can't remember the last time I wasn't desperate to see all other English clubs go out of the Champions League and Europa League in hilarious fashion. Possibly Boro in 2006, because we got more Pallister on North East Tonight the further they got.

• Moderators

I think as a younger child I was far less bitter about football, so I didn't even hate Lolerpool, and enjoyed everything so I also was happy for any British team to do well in Europe. I remember thinking Gary McSchwegan was fucking ace for Rangers for example, although that was probably just because he had a great name.

• Paid Members

Remember when football was BETTER? Covered in mud, stadiums full of mental actual fans going berzerk at every goal, not being able to hold your club ransom with the threat of a Bosman, picking the best 11 every week rather than squad rotation, cup games MATTERING, only the elite playing in Europe, decent music used for Goal of the Month, Des Lynam?

I do, and here are some goals from then. Some BELTERS here, including some players I guarantee you had forgotten all about. And your usual suspects, Beckham, Shearer, Sinclair, Yeboah, Le Tissier, Cantona.... Goss. * Also worth noting with four entries in 92-93, that the Villa under Big Ron played some great football.

Some trademark appalling Spurs defending in there too. Rod Wallace, you're a lucky man.

Goal of the Season 93-94

Goal of the Season 95-96

* And Nayim. The former Tottenham player.

Archived