UKFF's Best Goals Ever

Forrest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wait a minute.....

Discuss your favourite goals.

Well, that's carte blanche really isn't it I'll try and be restrained.

- this first two both are among my favourites. *

- ok so two are no big deal, but the third is wonderfully deft and I love the "I'm going to smash this" attitude with which he scores the fourth.

There are others but I can't find decent quality clips.

* The goal against Charlton is my favourite goal of all time. Plays the ball - which is coming at him through the air at pace - with the outside of the foot around El Karkhouri, ball goes one way, Berbs goes the other. Stampedes off towards the goal, shrugging off his man (El Karkhouri actually injured himself trying to catch Berbatov) before finishing neatly. Skill, pace, power, finish. Perfect. If Dennis Bergkamp had scored that goal, we'd be hearing about it the rest of our lives. As it is, only Spurs fans remember it.

• Paid Members

Ibrahimovic's goal was a great visual goal but when you consider he was basically kicking the ball into an empty net i don't rate as one of the greats, it just looked cool as fuck.

Personal favorite of mine...

i think that came a week after his blemmer against Liverpool too.

• Paid Members
Every goal Jeremy Goss ever scored should probably be in here. Especially his Ralph Macchio special against Bayern Munich.

And these two make up what are probably the three best goals City have ever scored.

And this famous pearler from Justin Fashanu-

• Paid Members

Anything from World Cup 2006. Ok, not anything, but that tournament was packed with terrific goals. Joe Cole, Rosicky, Frings, Lahm, Torres all had belters. But the best two from that tournament are both from the Argies:

Unbelievable and yet very different goals.

• Paid Members
Every goal Jeremy Goss ever scored should probably be in here. Especially his Ralph Macchio special against Bayern Munich.

While that's undoubtedly Goss' most famous goal, I've always preferred the volley from this 4-0 thumping of Leeds at Elland Road a few weeks earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmEU9f_Jdo

Great long pass from Ian Butterworth, Ruel Fox controls it beautifully at pace, sends over a wonderful cross and Goss meets it with a spectacular volley.

One of the best team goals seen at Goodison in years, finished off with a bullet from Leon Osman

Another goal from that same Uefa campaign, the equaliser against Fiorentina that left me personally deaf for a good 5 mins as the noise was that loud when it went in

And just for the sheer fun of it, Hibbo's first ever goal in pre season v Aek Athens

A few you won't have seen...

Great stuff, Ash! Twitter has given me a love and an understanding of Barry Town and their plight.

Huckerby against Man Utd on Boxing Day

Barca had to win to qualify for the Champions League.

Alan Ainscow, via Barry Davies introduced me to the term "Screamer"

Archived