UKFF's Best Goals Ever

Forrest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That was the first neutral goal that came into my head.

There are about a hundred Ginola/Klinsmann/Sheringham/Defoe/Berbatov/Keane/Pavlyuchenko/VdV/Bale goals running through my head, but you wouldn't be interested in those. Bias, terrible.

"Ask him about Cantona."

Van Persie volley against Charlton with no standing foot to support him

Probably don't need reminding Ibra was brilliant before tonight...

• Paid Members

It doesn't look very much to us now - the free kick doesn't seem so fast, the bend isn't so vicious, the ball doesn't head into a corner of the goal. However, context is everything: in his day he had the fastest shot in the world and the "banana shot" was still a novelty. Up to the point that Rivelino came along in the late sixties I think the only person to bend the ball was Garrincha, who did it with the outside of the boot rather than the instep. But most telling about that goal was the strategy behind it: the Brazilians placed a man inside the wall. Rivelino blasted the ball at that man, who fell aside to create the gap and the ball bent away from the previously unsighted goalkeeper.

Heck of a team goal. The centre forward, Tost

• Paid Members

This is the best for me, and it's all about the context that makes it better than your average overhead kick.

Last game of the 2000/01 season, Barcelona need at least all 3 points to get Champions League Qualification.

They are drawing 2-2 to Valencia, Rivaldo already has 2 goals. One a stunning free kick, the other a screamer from 25 yards. It goes to the last minute of real time, Barcelona pile forward, and Rivaldo goes and does this:

Fucking magic. I will never forget watching this match. Rivaldo will always be remembered for 'that' dive, but he should always be remembered for this.

• Awards Moderator
From that angle, it looks like Park scoring :laugh:

Oi! If you posted a picture one of your kids had drawn I wouldn't try to take the credit away from them so don't you do it to my loved ones.

As for belting goals, I never get tired of watching a

'.

Archived