A-Merchandise - WWE?

scott_2k16

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It would be a coup for Mark and to be honest he's the only one capable and professional enough to handle such merchandise contract with WWE. So if it's true we'll done.

What? In the whole of the UK?

Much like Silvervision Mark Sloan and A Merchandise would not be a simple another DVD distributor. Mark knows his audience very well and I feel apart from Silvervision is the only one qualified at merchandise sales with the business operation to fulfill such a contract and have the level of professionalism required to be trusted to do the job correctly of selling DVD's to the UK market and beyond that to the rest of Europe. This kind of deal I don't think could be trusted to anyone else as with anyone in British wrestling things go wrong and for this kind of deal things can't go wrong or the UK is truly fucked for a well run DVD operation with a knowledgeable person in charge knowing the market the best. Don't want to pay cheap for a DVD and dear for overseas post really.

No offence intended to Mark Sloan at all, but you truely are a muppet! Surely the UK must have several other distribution companys that are considerably bigger than Mark and so much more experienced? I was under the impression that Mark is small time, very good, very reliable, especially by British Wrestling standards, but small time non the less. Is this not correct?

• Paid Members
This kind of deal I don't think could be trusted to anyone else as with anyone in British wrestling things go wrong and for this kind of deal things can't go wrong or the UK is truly fucked for a well run DVD operation with a knowledgeable person in charge knowing the market the best. Don't want to pay cheap for a DVD and dear for overseas post really.

Why would it have to be given to anyone to do with British Wrestling?

And knowing the market, Have WWE not just completed a successful European tour and several since 1989 ? So I'm sure they don't need much help when it comes to marketing their own product in the UK, well with tours and also the long running tv shows and PPV's being shown SKY TV.

This kind of deal I don't think could be trusted to anyone else as with anyone in British wrestling things go wrong and for this kind of deal things can't go wrong or the UK is truly fucked for a well run DVD operation with a knowledgeable person in charge knowing the market the best. Don't want to pay cheap for a DVD and dear for overseas post really.

Why would it have to be given to anyone to do with British Wrestling?

And knowing the market, Have WWE not just completed a successful European tour and several since 1989 ? So I'm sure they don't need much help when it comes to marketing their own product in the UK, well with tours and also the long running tv shows and PPV's being shown SKY TV.

Wouldn't call it too succesful, the LG arena was so empty for SmackDown! they closed off half the building.

No offence intended to Mark Sloan at all,

I was under the impression that Mark is small time, very good, very reliable, especially by British Wrestling standards, but small time non the less. Is this not correct?

One of the posters above is correct, there is alot we cannot comment on, but the quote above is fair game.

I don't take any offence to it at all, but it is a strange comparison to make, I don't think our company has ever been an equivalent to any British Wrestling group or organisation. The term "small time" is of course relative, depending on what you are comparing it to.

Of course I am not going to go into business specifics, but it's you only need to take a look at our website to see the sheer size of our operation, not to mention our retail outlet, printing, production and live event work.

One of the main factors of our size is the fact that we are TNA's biggest wholesaler worldwide, that's in all aspects, DVD, Figures, Clothing etc, the scale of TNA's merchandise is second only to WWE in the wrestling industry, and should not be underestimated.

I'm not sure Tom's statement or intentions with the comments, but if he means "Companies currently involved in Wrestling in the UK" that he may not be far off the mark but to assume that a company the size of WWE would need to work with a wrestling orientated business is naive at best. They are an Multi-Platform Entertainment Corporation, they do not need to work with anybody, specifically anyone in one particular genre.

Just wanted to clear a few bits up.

• Paid Members

My appologies Mark, sounds like you are a lot bigger than I had realised. So, dare I ask if there is a grain of truth to the WWE distribution deal or would that be the area you can't comment on? ;)

My appologies Mark, sounds like you are a lot bigger than I had realised. So, dare I ask if there is a grain of truth to the WWE distribution deal or would that be the area you can't comment on? ;)

No problem at all, It's not something directly I can discuss at this time.

As the biggest wholesaler worldwide of TNA stuff, would A-Merchandise even be able to take on WWE dvd distribution? Can't imagine that's a mix that would be encouraged.

You also have to remember that we're ROH's main Wholesaler in Europe, and Official European Agents for Pro Wrestling Noah & Dragon Gate of Japan too, which entails more than just merchandise related business dealings, so it really is a case of the company working with many different organisations worldwide in various roles and agreements. We're very very proud of our long standing partnership with TNA

At one point we had plans in place for an Amerchandise split, which would have seen with one division of the company working soley on company X and the other remaining staff working on the other wrestling side of things. It's a very very interesting time at the moment.

• Paid Members
Wouldn't call it too succesful, the LG arena was so empty for SmackDown! they closed off half the building.

If their European tours weren't successful then they wouldn't come back so often. One show doesn't account for the whole tour.

If their European tours weren't successful then they wouldn't come back so often. One show doesn't account for the whole tour.

Yeah but how much does the whole building hold?

Cardiff holds like 4,500-5,000. They keep going back there, so it's easily profitable even if the venue is 'half' full.

I can't believe some of you think that A merchandise is going to distribute WWE's DVDs in the UK.

Why the hell would they get rid of a distributor like SV and replace with a company that distributes TNA, ROH, NOAH and every other "minor league" promotion?

Also if I was Mark Sloan and I was on the verge of getting a deal with WWE, I'd be fucked if I even looked at this thread let alone posted in it, just in case I ruined the chances of the deal.

I can't believe some of you think that A merchandise is going to distribute WWE's DVDs in the UK.

Why the hell would they get rid of a distributor like SV and replace with a company that distributes TNA, ROH, NOAH and every other "minor league" promotion?

Also if I was Mark Sloan and I was on the verge of getting a deal with WWE, I'd be fucked if I even looked at this thread let alone posted in it, just in case I ruined the chances of the deal.

If you were I, you would be well aware what you were posting, because you would be quite experienced in dealing with such deals and knowing what to say and not to say.

Also for the record, I am not sure which other Minor League Promotions we distribute, as we only stock TNA, ROH, Pro Wrestling Noah and Dragon Gate from Japan

Archived