A-Merchandise - WWE?

scott_2k16

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a coup for Mark and to be honest he's the only one capable and professional enough to handle such merchandise contract with WWE. So if it's true we'll done.

Very much doubt it, think they'll end up having an exclusive deal with one of the main online retailers for the DVDs/Blu-Rays (HMV for example) and have the new distributor provide them and other retailers the DVD's. I can't see the new company having a online store like SilverVision and proving same DVD's at lower prices.

There have been a number of rumours flying about that SilverVision will actually be taking over TNA's DVD distribution in the UK though, which would be a good move as SilverVision know what Wrestling fans want on a DVD and TNA could tap into that in order to improve sales worldwide.

It's a shame that Silvervision couldn't turn themselves into the UK version of Smart Mark or RF Video (minus noncing and being general pricks of course). If they could get deals with most of the UK indy's and distribute thier dvds and use the footage for comps giving the promotions a cut it'd be great. Unfortunatly there probably isn't a big enough market for that and a lot of the companies would probably be hurt more than helped by SV taking a cut.

Fantastic for Mark if true.

One thing that you can take from all this is that Mark is usually pretty swift in responding on here to anything regarding him and his company. The fact that this thread is now 3 hours old without a naysay from Mr Sloan could well speak volumes. Or maybe he's just out shopping.

Didn't Mark say something a couple of months back about getting a contract which would triple the size of A Merchandise or my mind may be playing tricks on me that one. I guess that if TNA is on the move to Silvervison then A-Merch would need a replacement so WWE would make sense and would be a bigger deal to have than TNA. Would not surprise me that if there is a deal in the works or done with A-Merchandise then Mark could also be under a NDA and thus could not comment anyway on the rumours.

It would be a coup for Mark and to be honest he's the only one capable and professional enough to handle such merchandise contract with WWE. So if it's true we'll done.

What? In the whole of the UK?

Much like Silvervision Mark Sloan and A Merchandise would not be a simple another DVD distributor. Mark knows his audience very well and I feel apart from Silvervision is the only one qualified at merchandise sales with the business operation to fulfill such a contract and have the level of professionalism required to be trusted to do the job correctly of selling DVD's to the UK market and beyond that to the rest of Europe. This kind of deal I don't think could be trusted to anyone else as with anyone in British wrestling things go wrong and for this kind of deal things can't go wrong or the UK is truly fucked for a well run DVD operation with a knowledgeable person in charge knowing the market the best. Don't want to pay cheap for a DVD and dear for overseas post really.

Archived