Football Manager 2013

garynysmon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its gotten harder, very much so. However that might be because I tend to choose the 'lesser' teams per say these days. Yes you can go Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and even Arsenal to an extent and you'd pretty much always be top four challenging for trophies, unless you sell everyone and buy Downing. I've found myself liking the challenge of taking a Sunderland, Swansea, Villa, Southampton etc etc and trying to take them as far as I can go. Its tough that way, but even after three or four season I find myself starting over.

I've only just started a Spurs save, purely to try out the new 3D engine, which never worked for me before. You get a better sense of the way the team, the players and more importantly your tactics come across. Very handy, if a little more time consuming.

Yeah I reckon it's gotten harder too. I didn't play last year's, but the year before that I was a heavy user. Racked up scores of seasons all in all, always as Everton. Very rarely managed to finish in the top 4 or win a cup.

A few years ago I'd turn Everton into a world power within a couple of seasons, every time.

If anyone is planning on getting it, I think HERE is the cheapest place to get it.

EDIT: Taken Down.

They'd better fulfil my order!

Apparantly the offer got picked up by a mainstream offers website and they were inundated with apparantly hundreds and maybe thousands of orders so im not sure what will happen with it. It was ridiculously cheap so hoping so, they do the offer every year somehow, presume they get a bulk load from SI or something.

Yeah. I'm gonna be annoyed if I don't get it though, it was a bargain! I wasn't going to buy FM13 but 10 quid was far too good to turn down.

Following up on this - my money got refunded, so it seems they won't be honouring it. Guess it was probably intended to be a nice bonus for Woking fans.

If anyone is planning on getting it, I think HERE is the cheapest place to get it.

Apparantly the offer got picked up by a mainstream offers website and they were inundated with apparantly hundreds and maybe thousands of orders so im not sure what will happen with it. It was ridiculously cheap so hoping so, they do the offer every year somehow, presume they get a bulk load from SI or something.

Yeah. I'm gonna be annoyed if I don't get it though, it was a bargain! I wasn't going to buy FM13 but 10 quid was far too good to turn down.

Following up on this - my money got refunded, so it seems they won't be honouring it. Guess it was probably intended to be a nice bonus for Woking fans.

Clubs get copies for free from SI and some of the smaller teams then sell them on to their fans, I bough 2011 from Dagenham.

• Paid Members

That's a ballache. I've been to Woking a few times, surely that should count for something?

I started a game with Fulham and while Im going well in the league cup (quarters at the minute) my league form has been very inconsistent to say the least!! Just got hammered 9-0 by Arsenal at home, strikers are hardly scoring and its just generally seems as if im going to get pulled into the relegation fight.

Is the general view that this one is definitely harder than the last few or am I just shite at this one at the minute?

I enjoy the condensed mode. It's not quite going back to the days of Champ or whatever, but the team meeting, complicated training and a whole host of stuff like press conferences that genuinely slow the game down for you are taken out. You can also click 'instant result' which means you set up an initial game plan, ranging from go for a big win, leave it late, play for a draw etc etc and the game result is shown without the need for 'real time simming'. Meaning you can whore through a season in no time at all.

There are a few downsides to it but if you're wanting to drop in and play FM its a good thing.

• 1 month later...

When did the 3D match engine become so good? I played the 2011 demo but don't remember it being so suave. They've really gone to town with the renovating the layout as well. It takes a fair bit to get used to, but is quite obviously a step up.

I was beaten 1- 0 at home by Shamrock Rovers in a Champons League qualifier. I'm Celtic. :cool:

I got the diet coke version of this for the iPad. I've never really played the game before, bar the 01/02 version (or whatever one had the Kennedy bikijrkluddu bloke who was ace) that was being passed around work. I'm loving it thus far. Taken the mighty Ebbsfleet up to 5th in the conference.

Been playing the iPad version of this for a couple of weeks and really enjoying it, about 5 or so seasons into it, doing well with Shrewsbury despite being sacked by Stockport in the second season.

Got the PC version for half price on Steam earlier this week and really enjoying this version too. Not doing the absolute full manager mode as it just seems too time consuming, the normal mode seems perfect for me. Half way through first season with Guiseley in the Blue Square North division and 6th in the table. Even signed ex West Brom and Forest player Scott Dobie and he's been banging them in for fun.

The 3d match engine is also great. Usually play matches with extended highlights so you can pick up more on what's going on without spending too long in each match. Thumbs up for this game so far!

Archived