Football Manager 2013

garynysmon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'Staff Responsibilities' feature is quite possibly the best thing they've done in years. Rather than spend your time trying to punt the worthless cunts in your team out the door, you set your assistant, head of youth deveopment, chairman or director of football to do it for you. Either at value or for sell or release. Very handy when you don't want to manually go through who you want to sell. Just stick them on the unwanted list and let your staff do it for you.

I've started a Career with Swansea and after managing to stay up in the first season, I've brought in a fair few good signings. I also attempted the 'Relegation Challenge' with Arsenal. Start with 10 points at January and try avoid relegation. I failed, thus getting relegated. However I had the option to continue the career so decided to get Arsenal promoted and work my way back up the Premier League. As soon as I was relegated, most of, if not all the big names requested transfers. So I had 100 million to spend in the Championship, whilst keeping on many of the good young talent and a few of the experienced players like Arteta. Nice little challenge.

Came in the post this morning. Just started up an Arsenal save, but when I put it in full-screen mode there are black bars down the side of either side the screen (like when they show old footage on tv that wasn't filmed in widescreen). Anyone know how to fix it? Checked Preferences and it is set to Full Screen, so am puzzled. When I select Windowed display the bars disappear and it takes up the entire window.

What formations are people using? I'm also striclty a 4-4-2 guy, but having to go with a 4-5-1 to get any results.

I used to play a 4222, with 2 holding midfielders and two inside forward on the wings. However this year, that formation is rotten unless you have two solid anchor men and they're quite hard to come buy. Or they're very expensive.

So I've bowed to what appears to be the convention these days with a 4231. It suits my style of play, just limits to having one striker up front, as long as you have pacey inside forwards with good finishing then essentially when attacking you have three up top, but when defending you have five in midfield. I find a Target Man works best on his own but having a natural poacher works, if the opposing teams have quick center backs like David Luiz etc etc.

If anyone is planning on getting it, I think HERE is the cheapest place to get it.

EDIT: Taken Down.

They'd better fulfil my order!

Apparantly the offer got picked up by a mainstream offers website and they were inundated with apparantly hundreds and maybe thousands of orders so im not sure what will happen with it. It was ridiculously cheap so hoping so, they do the offer every year somehow, presume they get a bulk load from SI or something.

• Paid Members
If anyone is planning on getting it, I think HERE is the cheapest place to get it.

EDIT: Taken Down.

They'd better fulfil my order!

Apparantly the offer got picked up by a mainstream offers website and they were inundated with apparantly hundreds and maybe thousands of orders so im not sure what will happen with it. It was ridiculously cheap so hoping so, they do the offer every year somehow, presume they get a bulk load from SI or something.

Yeah. I'm gonna be annoyed if I don't get it though, it was a bargain! I wasn't going to buy FM13 but 10 quid was far too good to turn down.

• Paid Members

Is Football Manager still the all-consuming obsession for those that buy it that it used to be? Spending every spare second on it, routinely choosing it over watching telly / going out / sleep? Or is it just something you have the odd half an hour on?

I know for a fact it must have gotten easier over the years. My mate who doesn't really follow football all that closely started playing FM 2011 with Tottenham (because he'd watched them play lots, living with me) and with the only notable addition to the squad they had being Romelu Lukaku, proceeded to win the treble in his first season. Spurs.

I've never really bothered with it since 07-08 myself. My Bentley-Modric-Arshavin-Downing / Berbatov-Huntelaar lineup nearly always scored five or so per match, even though said team never conceded less than two a game.

Archived