My Best Film: Kurt Russell

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
There's a film called Dark blue, which was I think a made for tv movie, starring Russell, Ving Rhames, and Brendan Gleeson dealing with corruption in the LAPD in the early 90's during the Rodney King trial. Russell is brilliant, and the film is excellent, definitely an overlooked gem.

I really need to see this, I've meant to for a number of years. I didn't know Brendan Gleeson was in it, though, now I REALLY have to see it.

If only it was on VeeHD

Ha, indeed. Problem is that I have a watchlist of approximately 1100 films :(

• Paid Members

I can merely echo the "He's great in everything" opinion while choosing Big Trouble In Little China as his best. You often hear people saying "No-one else could have played that role" when speaking about certain film characters, and I believe he falls into this category as Jack Burton. Just brilliantly done. Goldie Hawn's a lucky woman.

• Paid Members
Oh woe is me, I have too many films to watch

You just don't understand! It takes nearly 40 seconds for my film bookmark folder to scroll from top to bottom. And it's not a slow scroll!

• Paid Members

You just don't understand! It takes nearly 40 seconds for my film bookmark folder to scroll from top to bottom. And it's not a slow scroll!

Its your White Whale. You'll probably die trying to conquer it

• Paid Members

Its your White Whale. You'll probably die trying to conquer it

There's no "probably" about it. I'll find some bugger's account on VeeHD or Stagevu with about a thousand uploads on it and that will be another 3 years that I will fall behind. I found a YouTube account the other day with dozens of horror B-pictures in it and took another hit there.

• Paid Members
Big Trouble In Little China or Escape from New York for me definitely.

Watching Escape From New York now, always a favorite of mine.

Started watching it the other night and forgot to finish it, knackers.

Archived