Summerslam 2013 uk

brett

Think this deserves a thread now

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...SummerSlam.html

• Paid Members
Of the three rumoured stadia, all have capacities of over 74,000, while the Millennium and Wembley both have retractable roofs.

Fuck's sake. How do you write a piece like this and make a mistake like that?

EDIT: Cheerfully withdrawn, apparently it moves a bit.

Of the three rumoured stadia, all have capacities of over 74,000, while the Millennium and Wembley both have retractable roofs.

Fuck's sake. How do you write a piece like this and make a mistake like that?

wembley does it just does not retract fully

• Paid Members

Eh? Really? I've been five times in all kinds of weather and never heard a whisper about it being able to move. If it does, I'm quite glad, because otherwise there's no excuse for it being as ugly as it is.

EDIT: Wiki corroborates. Fair enough, I was wrong.

• Paid Members

If this happens, Barrett will become the first British world champion in WWE. I'm calling it now. Is he still billed from Manchester? If so, OT would be a good bet. I'd still rather Wembley, obviously, and I'd imagine that would be WWE's first choice. I wonder what Seb Coe would prefer...

Wembley's partially retractable roof can cover the pitch and seating, but if it rains, the rain can still enter the stadium through gaps at the side.

The roof is moved strategically to help the turf on the pitch grow a certain way. It's not closed in the way the Cardiff roof, or other stadium's abroads' roofs close, i.e. for show production reasons.

If this happens, Barrett will become the first British world champion in WWE. I'm calling it now. Is he still billed from Manchester? If so, OT would be a good bet. I'd still rather Wembley, obviously, and I'd imagine that would be WWE's first choice. I wonder what Seb Coe would prefer...

They seemed to be testing the water after Raw having him talk always having the union jack. And Cena giving him the ring. Would be great, you can almost see it now, Barrett draped in a Union Jack holding the belt up in a stadium. Has to be Wembley for me. Hope their is some truth to this.

92 was a peak period in the uk for WWE but the papers really got behind the national hero Davy boy Smith and most ran articles about him and some had a lot of promotion. And fans from all over Europe would travel seeing it as an opportunity to see a wwe ppv on the relatively cheap.

This really does seem to be kicking about the place now. I'd imagine a massive increase in price, I'd estimate between 350-25, maybe more.

They could sell the show based on Wade becoming the first ever BRITISH Heavyweight Champion. Hey, maybe the Manics could play his new theme live also.

Sorry guys. There's only one fully retractable roof stadium of it's size in Britain. It's the Millennium, If we really did have a Summerslam 100% bet it pisses down with rain.

millennium_stadium2.jpg

42-17821906.jpg

Ultimately it doesn't really matter, as the ring would be covered by a huge canopy, like WWE does every year for Wrestlemania in case it rains.

It would just mean fans on the pitch getting wet.

• Paid Members

They should definitely consider Molineaux based on half a dozen pseudo-decent reasons and the fact it's up the road from my house. Wade and the boys could nip to the Penn Tandoori afterwards etc.

Archived