TNA Impact Wrestling 8/11/12 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

If you can take your eyes off the Gallows thing, watch Wes Brisco beating up Kurt Angle in the background. It didn't look pretty. He looks really awkward. If they put him with Garrett, I'm certain someone is have a joke somewhere.

I noticed that too!

Just got done with this. You all seem to like talking about the episodes before they're even shown over here, let alone give me time to watch, so fuck you.

Thought this was good. Sting took a great beating, looked like DoC killed him with the hammer to the head. Magnus is getting a push, even Joe looks a bit more lively.

What's great about TNA at the moment is that there's a reason for every segment and match. People are fighting for a reason, either grudge or to win position or opportunity. Storylines intersect and cross-fertilise, and feuds can run in parallel and be revisited when it seems logical to do so. In many respects, this is the best run of wrestling tv I've seen in a long time.

One thing - Angle. Looking big again, REALLY big, as in starting to look like he did when he was last in WWE. Could this be a sign?

What's great about TNA at the moment is that there's a reason for every segment and match. People are fighting for a reason, either grudge or to win position or opportunity. Storylines intersect and cross-fertilise, and feuds can run in parallel and be revisited when it seems logical to do so. In many respects, this is the best run of wrestling tv I've seen in a long time.

Spot on. It's the exact opposite to WWE, where matches just happen for the sake of filling time. Everybody with regular TV time has a reason, a purpose and an identifiable character. Like you said, it's the best run of wrestling TV in years for me, and for TNA ever.

Dare I say it, but the X Division just doesn't have those sort of wrestlers/style any more? Particularly since the Sorenson incident, they seem to be going for a more Cruiserweight style. Either that, or this crop can't do the insane spots.

Very true, although it wasnt always about the insane spots that I liked those multi-mans, I always enjoy the Japanese ones put on earlier in bigger cards and they are never ott with insane spots. That said the X division could do with one or two luch style guys to keep it a little bit more exciting.

• Paid Members

Eric Young's done now anyway, by all accounts. His last date was last week. They could have turned them into mixed titles to give some of the women something to do. Jesse and Tara could have been a team, Madison Rayne is hardly on TV now so she could have been put with someone who never gets bookings with TNA now.

I'm sure ODB and Eric forfeited the belts in a backstage segment a few months ago though. I think TNA bumped the Knockouts tag titles a while ago.

• Paid Members
I'm sure ODB and Eric forfeited the belts in a backstage segment a few months ago though. I think TNA bumped the Knockouts tag titles a while ago.

They were still holding the actual physical belts at Turning Point. Dunno if the titles are still active, though. I agree they should turn them into mixed tag belts - it's something that's not been done formally before, and might make for a few decent storylines beyond just romance/marriage.

Also, I don't think they should scrap the X-Division. TNA have proven they can book for it, and they put a bit of time into making it look halfway decent last year.

Archived