TNA Impact Wrestling 8/11/12 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

Great show? The Impact Zone got plenty of action last night, 2 great matches on show.

AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode was class, and Storm was fantastic on commentary too, just the little things like him putting over Roode and AJ made it. This is one intriguing match up for Turning Point.

Magnus, Daniels and Kazarian vs Guerrero, Hernandez and Samoa Joe was also great. High impact, high quality action. Magnus' face when he pinned Joe was brilliant, as was Kazarian wearing the bandana at the end.

Aces and Eights was better this week. I thought the beating on Sting was brutal. They seem like much more of a threat with that rather than just being a general nuisance.

Aries has been fantastic, and this delusion champion thing hes doing is really entertaining and fair play to him he's managed to turn the Impact Zone against him.

Guys on the peripheral of the show even shined too. Morgan and Ryans little interaction with Hogan was really fun.

Oh and Christian York got his contract, good stuff. And Todd is awesome.

Discuss.

• Paid Members

They made Luke Gallows look like the baddest man on the planet on this show. The beat down on Sting with that hammer was nasty. Looked great. I can't believe WWE let Gallows go. He's slimmed down and looks great. There aren't many blokes his size that can move like him. When so many ex-WWE wrestlers have died on their arse upon their first (unmasked) appearance in TNA, he shined. CM Punk was right about Gallows. They had something in him. I hope TNA don't Tomko him.

He's wrestling Joseph Park on Sunday, which probably means he's dishing out another kicking. You can only imagine what Joseph Park will put his body through to get Gallows over.

• Paid Members

They seem to be doing a Bruce Banner/Hulk thing with Joseph Park/Abyss. Personally, I think it's a great way to use a character that was dying a dull death for a few years.

The way they've treated Gallows makes me think this whole storyline will actually get some momentum, once they've unmasked everybody. It seems once they've ripped the masks off TNA then book the blokes to have characters worth investing in / let them cave Sting's face in with a hammer.

• Paid Members

It may be that my question is answered by the fact no-one's mentioned it and have referred to Luke Gallows instead, but what do people think to the ring name "Doc"?

For me, it's not a terrible name for a heavy in a motorcycle gang angle, but given that I agree that he has a tremendous upside and could go a long way in the company, I just can't imagine Borash announcing "the TNA World Heavyweight Champion... DOC!" It just doesn't have that kind of ring to it.

Plus, if he's not a patched-in member, why would they consider him Director of anything, particularly something as central to the Aces & 8's M.O. as Chaos? (In case you missed it, Doc is an acronym for Director of Chaos. I very much doubt you did miss it, however, as Tazz was hammering it home almost to "El Leon means 'The Lion' in Spanish" levels.)

• Paid Members

To a degree yes, but I don't see why you wouldn't establish a name you were going to run with from day one.

Anyhow, I think I may have worked it out - they're going to name all the Prospect members after the Seven Dwarves. Wes Brisco will be the perfect Dopey.

• Awards Moderator

It's a shame they can't really use the Gallows name - 'Gallows' by itself would be a semi-decent name, with 'Director of Chaos' as a precursor. To be honest, I think the full 'The Director of Chaos' as his name would be quite fun too, but I'm very likely alone in that.

Card-related names for the A&8s would have been fun. The King of Clubs could have a club which he would club people with. You could have brought back Sonny Siaki as well.

After taking some time to adjust to the production values and the different style of presentation I've really started to enjoy TNA. The booking can be nonsensical at times but for the most part they seem to have something interesting happening for all the featured guys. If you look at Turning Point every match has a reason to happen even the ones that were kinda just thrown together whereas in WWE only a few matches ever come across like they're meaningful.

On a side note DOC sounds terrible when being announced, they need to switch to Super DOC asap.

Archived