Mildly interesting, completely useless facts

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Some trivia from the film "The Howling 2"..

The end credits run over what appear to be deleted scenes and alternate footage, along with the same scene of Sybil Danning ripping off her shirt, which is repeated no less than 18 times.

Easily the best part of the film.

and

• Paid Members

Read a cracker of a fact that can't be possibly be true in the newspaper at the weekend. Sounds like shit.

Only song Elton John ever wrote, or partially helped write, was "Song for Guy". He had nothing to do with any of the songs he had released over the years. Bernie Taupin just handed him the songs and he sung them. Insane. Especially when you think how long Sir Elton's been going.

Probably shit though. It was the Scottish "Sunday Mail" BTW.

• Paid Members
Insane. Especially when you think how long Sir Elton's been going.

I'm certainly nothing of an authority on Elton John or any other performer but I thought it was generally known that Bernie Taupin would take Elton's music and write the lyrics to them, most famously with a rush-job for Candle in the Wind in 1997.

I've just checked Taupin's Wiki page to minimise the chances of me making a fool of myself and it does seem to indicate that they were put together from day one.

Read a cracker of a fact that can't be possibly be true in the newspaper at the weekend. Sounds like shit.

Only song Elton John ever wrote, or partially helped write, was "Song for Guy". He had nothing to do with any of the songs he had released over the years. Bernie Taupin just handed him the songs and he sung them. Insane. Especially when you think how long Sir Elton's been going.

I'm fairly certain that's shit. Taupin and Elton have written together for years, but Elton's also written stuff away from Taupin.

• Paid Members

By the same token, it's thought that Elvis Presley never wrote a song in his life. He shares songwriting credit on some of his hits, but it's widely thought that he had nothing to do with actually writing them and that his name appearing in the credits was for business reasons more than anything.

• Awards Moderator

Not sure how well or little-known these are, but a couple of my mates didn't know when I told them, so fuck it:

Only one album The Beatles recorded consists of entirely Lennon/McCartney written songs (A Hard Day's Night).

And whilst we're talking about Elton John, not that many people know he's Sean Lennon's Godfather.

No? I'll shut up, then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived