Mildly interesting, completely useless facts

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Steve Finnan is the only player to have played in the World Cup, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup, all four levels of the English league football and the Football Conference.

That's a terrific fact. In looking that up I notice that he played for Espanyol in La Liga too, so you can add that to the list.

• Paid Members
Colin Cramb is the only player to have played in Prem, Champs, League One, League Two, Conference and Scots Prem, League 1, League 2, League 3

An absolute beast in Championship Manager 93/94. Add that.

When Glasgow Rangers went bust, the last player they signed was called "Cellick".

• Moderators

Yeah, but who the hell is typing that into a search engine? I'm more worried about what comes up when I type my real name in. What the fuck is 192.com, and why have they got my fucking address listed for the world to see? How is that legal?

Also, fifth picture in under my real name is a picture of John Lister. Hah!

Just done the same thing with me. I think its collects information from the Electoral Roll which anyone can view. Its got me down at my mams address but when i searched my wifes name It had me down as living in my current address.

• Paid Members
Yeah, but who the hell is typing that into a search engine?

Gladstone Small's a former international cricketer. So, people not searching for a scruffy Mancunian dullard.

• Awards Moderator
On a Google search for Gladstone Small, my UKFF profile comes in at number 12 out of 14.3 million search results.

Might be time for a name change, I think.

Out of curiosity, just had a look for mine, happily Google automatically puts a space in between the two words, so I get lots of results for The Datsuns song (after which I took the name) and then plenty for actual harmonic generators, whatever they are.

'Twatlist', meanwhile, brings up UKFF halfway down the second page. Who knew.

• Paid Members
Gladstone Small's a former international cricketer. So, people not searching for a scruffy Mancunian dullard.

I searched Gladstone Small in Google images the other day because my dad was talking about the cricketer and said 'he'd have to shove a thumb up his arse to put on a necktie', so I needed to see who he was talking about.

EDIT: As I went off the thread topic, i'll add a fact in aswell. Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula".

• Paid Members
I'm more worried about what comes up when I type my real name in. What the fuck is 192.com, and why have they got my fucking address listed for the world to see?

They used to have people's phone numbers too, which was well out of order.

• Paid Members

Continuing the footballers theme, in his autobiography Darren Huckerby said as far as he was aware, he was the only player to have scored in every major competition in which an English professional club can currently compete - all 4 divisions, FA Cup, League Cup, Football League Trophy, Champions League and Europa League/UEFA Cup.

Anyone know of any others?

Archived