Football Singles

Forrest

Football and the charts just don't mix. Our beautiful game has resulted in some utterly abhorrent tunes. Discuss your favourites and your absolute worst.

Neil and Christine Hamilton showing their "support" in what looks like a thinly-veiled act of war against the working class.

I remember the first time I heard Outstanding. I was walking around the freshers' fair at Northumbria uni, barely paying attention to the generic DJ in the corner, when the lyrics 'I get my kicks from hitting the net, not from drugs - you bet' caught my attention. Right then and there, I knew that this was Andy Cole's rap song, and on the spot I went over to the DJ and offered him a fiver for the CD.

He told me I could have it for nowt as he was never going to play it again.

Also, here's 'African Girls', by Asamoah Gyan and Castro, featuring the immortal lyric 'sexy like cheese'.

• Paid Members

It also has the "Schmeichel, Parker, Pallister. Irwin, Bruce, Sharpe and Ince. Hughes, McClair, Keane and Cantona. Robson, Kanchelskis and Giggs" lyric, which is excellent. Which turned into "Schmeichel cannot catch a ball. Irwin's to fat to run. Hughes, McClair, Keane and Cantona, always get sent off for fun" for Da Hataz out there.

Archived