Great men. Just great great men.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

David Lee Roth:

220px-David_Lee_Roth_Smashbox_2008.jpg

A fine man. Pioneer when it comes to front men. Like Daffey Duck on crack when he gets going. A truly funny and interesting person. Never a dull moment with Diamond Dave. In recent years has went from looking like Jimmy Savile to an actual human again. Back to selling out stadiums and singing songs that aren't shit as well. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Eric Cantona:

eric-532_1467629a.jpg

The coolest player to ever grace a Football pitch. A proper hero in life. Took kicking racism out of football in a literal sense, won the English league 5 times with two different clubs and even went into acting where he usually plays french blokes with beards. A man so cool you can't believe he shared the same profession as mannequins like Jamie Redknapp and Craig Burley.

John Goodman:

GYI0060706899_LR1.jpg

The world's most lovable heart attack waiting to happen fat bloke. Usually when you get to Goodman's weight and you still smoke 40 a day, you should start judging him and calling him a disgusting mess. But with Big John, you wouldn't want him any other way. He's Fred Flintstone, a Blues Brother, TV's coolest Dad, a spider killer and Walter Bastard Sobchak. Makes you want Roseanne to comeback just to see him pull funny faces direct to the camera.

• Paid Members

John Goodman is fantastic. He's great in everything, even if it's shit. As for Eric, well, he's Eric.

Rich Hall:-

rich-hall-1.jpg

Funny. Knowledgeable. Multi-talented. Brilliant speaking voice. Hates George Lucas. Love him.

• Paid Members

Nicolas Cage

cage.jpg

Doesn't give a fuck, makes loads of movies, has no quality control, spends all his money on dinosaur bones, castles and shrunken heads.

Great on screen, such charisma and a true one of a kind.

Nic fact 1) Nicolas Cage had the comic featuring the first appearance of Superman which is worth a million dollars but he gave it to charity

Nic fact 2) Nicolas Cage bought a castle in Italy and had it flown in pieces and rebuilt in California.

Nic fact 3) Nicolas Cage makes $20 million a film and makes 10 films a year but he's $20 million in debt - why? Because he's too cool to care and keeps buying crazy stuff.

Good call on Diamond Dave

Crispin Glover

Crispin%20Glover-1.jpg

One of the most eccentric actors in major movies, he tried to hold Back to The Future 2 ransom, sued the producers when they used someone to body double for him, he makes his own art house movies with disabled casts and tours them round the country like the old carny days, also scribbles over old books and publishes them and does readings of them with accompanying slide shows, he even released a great genre bending album . A true original in every sense of the word

• Paid Members

Steve Jobs has ruined this thread already! Fuck right off with Nicholas Cage, unless he's punching women whilst running around dressed as a bear.

My vote goes to Burt Reynolds. What a man. I mean, just look at him:

96c41c8c6127d7bdaafa2b1661b45874.jpg

I can't think of a cinematic performance that sums up 'man' more than his character in Deliverance. He shoots hillbilly anal rapists with a fucking crossbow, for Christs sake. Pulls of a tash better than anyone in the world that isn't called Tom Selleck, too.

• Paid Members

I actually think Nic Cage is a good shout.

* Had a cameo in Fast Times At Ridgemount High, probably got to see Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates tits.

* Won an Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas, in which he got to spend a lot of time around Elisabeth Shue and her tits.

I'm not even going on, he's already greater than most of the other men mentioned in the thread will be, in my eyes.

• Paid Members
I actually think Nic Cage is a good shout.

I'm not even going on, he's already greater than most of the other men mentioned in the thread will be, in my eyes.

Good lad.

We all have different heroes, no need to be negative.

Nic Cage fact 4) He's such a huge Elvis fan he married Elvis' daughter, that's how to do hero worship.

*edit* love me some diamond Dave too.

JohnHughes.jpg

John Hughes

National Lampoon's Vacation

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Breakfast Club

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Uncle Buck

Home Alone

The Great Outdoors

What is not to love about the man behind all those. The staple film diet of growing up which i know a lot of similar aged people on here would be on a similar wavelength with. Plus a lot of them featured John Candy who was equally as brilliant in my eyes.

• Paid Members
That picture of Eric is so cool I'm going to have to make a new avatar or sig with it.

Cantona is my idol. Later this month marks twenty years since he signed for Man United, so keep your eye out for a commemorative thread.

I'm curious are the 2 who mentioned Cantona United fans by chance? Its only ever United fans who appear to claim him as one of the greatest. When fans from other teams say that as they do with Messi or Maradona you know he's truly great.

• Paid Members
That picture of Eric is so cool I'm going to have to make a new avatar or sig with it.

Cantona is my idol. Later this month marks twenty years since he signed for Man United, so keep your eye out for a commemorative thread.

I'm curious are the 2 who mentioned Cantona United fans by chance? Its only ever United fans who appear to claim him as one of the greatest. When fans from other teams say that as they do with Messi or Maradona you know he's truly great.

Lifelong Spurs fan here; Cantona's the man.

Fair do's I just never hear other fans mention him in that way.

Archived