Brad Armstrong Passes Away

Chris Brooker

Pure class from Road Dogg and Scott Armstrong there. If it was me I would be wanting to hunt that prick down and set fire to him.

Incredibly sad news. Brad Amrstrong always seemed to be able to turn his hand to whatever gimmick he was presented with, and able to have cracking matches with just about anyone. His talent deserved far more success than he was afforded.

RIP Brad, and thoughts to the entire Armstrong family.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure class from Road Dogg and Scott Armstrong there. If it was me I would be wanting to hunt that prick down and set fire to him.

If you were the sort that went on about praying all the time and believed your brother was in magicland with God, you wouldn't get pissed off about a tweet like that. If you weren't the sort of person that went on about praying all the time, the troll wouldn't have come up with a tweet like that to you in the first place. Road Dogg has the courage of his convictions, fair play to him.

A nice little write up about Brad Armstrong from wrestlingobserver.com....

--Very sad news regarding Brad Armstrong to say the least. Brad was one of those guys where every wrestler will tell you that he was a great worker and had a very pleasant personality, really funny. I can recall how Ric Flair loved to work with him because he was that Barry Windham/Ricky Morton/Ricky Steamboat style of babyface who could sell, comeback, do anything and almost never miss. There was a saying in WCW during the 90s that whenever a new guy faced Brad, you could tell right away if they had potential in the ring because Brad was the guy who was always in the right spot to make anyone look good. He was very high on the list of the most underrated in-ring performers of the last 40 years. All of us here want to express our sympathies to the entire family. I had heard from someone who saw him not that long ago that he was healthy looking, great shape for his age, said he was still training and he was still doing indie shows on occasion. Too many shocks, and not good ones, in the last several weeks.

...and a blog from Jim Ross which, apparently, the Armstrong family have requested it be read at Brad's funeral.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jr-remembers-brad-armstrong

• Moderators

You could tell Brad Armstrong was super respected by the smalles tthing. Arn Anderson would always try to until 1994, and after that shake his hand before squash matches. Super respect from Double A, seeing as he was the heels heel and the real dirtiest player in the game. He spends a fair bit of his shoot waxing lyrical about BA.

If you were the sort that went on about praying all the time and believed your brother was in magicland with God, you wouldn't get pissed off about a tweet like that. If you weren't the sort of person that went on about praying all the time, the troll wouldn't have come up with a tweet like that to you in the first place. Road Dogg has the courage of his convictions, fair play to him.

Don't be a dick, mate. Their brother just died. While I don't agree with what gets them through it, it makes them far calmer than I'd be, and far thinner and less inclined to Richie Freebird "rebellion" behavior and going to the cells than you.

Archived