Brad Armstrong Passes Away

Chris Brooker

• Moderators

BG James is such a solid gold classy guy, it's amazing. Some fucking absolute utter plank dickhead tweeted him this.

Hater ‏@HideNHate

@WWERoadDogg that Armstrong guy related to you? If so, guess you shoulda prayed for him instead of yourself all the time. Asshole.

His reply?

Brian G.James ‏@WWERoadDogg

@HideNHate I forgive you!

He's far more a man than I am.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
BG James is such a solid gold classy guy, it's amazing. Some fucking absolute utter plank dickhead tweeted him this.

Hater ‏@HideNHate

@WWERoadDogg that Armstrong guy related to you? If so, guess you shoulda prayed for him instead of yourself all the time. Asshole.

His reply?

Fucking Hell. Road Dogg handled that with pure class though, not to mention a reply that would have than likely proper wound up the tosser who sent it. Good bloke is Dogg, poor guy must be feeling terrible right now. Even worse for 'Bullet' Bob. Doesn't Bob still work?

• Paid Members

Gutted about this. Always loved his early 90s WCW run, that theme song Butch posted and the Buzzkill stuff later on. He even made the Russian Leg Sweep look like a believable finisher.

Everyone's already pretty much said what I would have said and posted the links I'd have posted. Great wrestler and seemed like an even better bloke from the interviews I'd seen of him.

RIP

I always liked Brad Armstrong. For some reason I have a strong memory of being a child and watching him on whatever WCW show was on in the early hours on ITV back in the late 80s.

Sad times. I too remember tuning in at 1.50am on a saturday night to watch WCW and seeing him wrestle as Arachniman or feuding with Pillman over the Light Heavyweight belt. Will be sadly missed.

Hater ‏@HideNHate

His reply?

Such an appropriate and shitty twitter user name. What a prick!

It's funny that Brad never got 'the push' somewhere. That said, I think during a shoot interview (perhaps one of the Honky series) it was said that he was under contract to WCW for about a decade on $250,000 on years where he wasn't used at all. Hopefully this means he was at least financially comfortable and enjoyed life.

• Paid Members

Can't say I have seen any of his in-ring work and when i first heard of him passing, I thought it was Scott Armstrong the referee. I do however, remember his brief stint as a commentator on ECW with Byron Saxton I think it was.

That being said, 51 is still a young age to clock out and from those tweets, the Armstrongs are showing just how much of a dignified family they actually are. All respect to them.

Thoughts are with them.

• Paid Members

Well done to the Armstrong family for staying so Strong! people like that are why i don't use twitter!

i remember Brad on Worldwide and pro in the early 90's and he was a really good worker!

i remember Cornette raving about him in raw mag in the 90's R.I.P Brad

Archived