Brad Armstrong Passes Away

Chris Brooker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If true, this is terrible. Between Badstreet and Buzz Kill he left an indelible mark on Our Great Sport.

In seriousness, this is very sad. Brad could have been the poster boy for "received less success than his talent deserved." He would hop into the ring routinely on Nitro with almost anyone, you'd instantly dismiss him as having no chance - because it's Brad Armstrong and he never wins - then he'd proceed to have a cracking match before eventually getting beaten. Little brother got the break he never did. I suppose that's life. Great wrestler, may he rest in peace.

• Paid Members

I swear this is a bad one. I'm stunned. I loved Brad Armstrong both as a wrestler and as someone I just wanted to see do well. He was always a great bloke when interviewed and generally considered one of the funniest and nicest blokes in the business. Gutted about this. This one off stint on ECW as a commentator was excellent, because he paid no attention to the match and just wanted to get himself over at the expense of Taz's lack of height. Check it out its great.

Nothing else left but to post the amazing ...

Drving a convertible with the top down riding into the sunset saying "it's gonna be all right" theme.

• Paid Members

Terrible shame, a superb worker. The Armstrongs were like the anethesis of the Von Erichs. They all managed so far to live a pretty decent life without tragedy, and all of them are really talented workers. Brad was the best of the bunch, just had 'it' to be a great in-ring talent. As others have said, he never got the breaks he really ever deserved and most certainly earned with his hard work ethic. He could give you one damn exciting match. It really is a shame.

• Paid Members

@CMPunk

"Tonight I wrestled for Brad Armstrong. I remember when he was hired and put on the road to work with young talent on early ECW house shows. I would constantly bother Dean Melenko to let me work with him, but i never got the opportunity. I was always disappointed that I never got the chance. I did get to know him as a friend, and that to me is better. I'm glad I did. Hell of a guy. Hell of a worker".

Sad news. He was a true talent in my book. Best Russian legsweep ever, top ten level dropkick, cool music - what's not to like? In fact I've never come across ANYONE who was a fan of early 90s WCW that didn't t enjoy his work.

Not saying he was everyone's favourite wrestler or anything but other than people who only watch WWF maybe not 'getting' the WCW guys I've never heard or read anyone speak or type anything bad about him.

I know I have fond memories of watching him on Saturday afternoons on ITV back in the day and he was one of my first favourites when I first got into WCW in the early to mid 90

Archived