Sign in to follow this  
Nick James

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Version 2!

Anyone else a big fan of the Popmaster quiz on Radio 2? Thought not.

The world and it's dog likes Ken Bruce's popmaster. Radio 2 is only the UK's most popular station you know. More people than you listen to it, even if Jeremy Vine is execrable White Van Man bollocks.

Radio 2 is only the UK's most popular station you know.

And rightly so. No one ever responds with anything positive when I mention it though, which is why I applied a bit of sarcasm to that comment. Of course it

Because it's execrable White Van Man bollocks. Sometimes when he's on I have to check and make sure I'm not listening to Talk Shite.

He has a massive range of super interesting guests from across every inch of the spectrum of human life, full of interesting stories with a balance of current affairs, personal stories and other general interest topics. It

Edited by Richie Freebird

Most days. I hate it because it's execrable white van man bollocks. I'm not sure how many more times I have to make that clear.

Have you never heard of the phrase, White Van Man, Richie?

Years ago Vine had Bas Rutten on his Radio 2 show, and in course of the interview asked if MMA fighters were allowed to bring weapons into the cage. This was a question he asked in a serious manner. It was not an attempt at humour. Rutten simply laughed and said, "No."

Edited by nfc90210

I enjoy the music on Radio 2. Just not the breasts who phone into this aural The Wright Stuff.

We setteld on local radio at one place i worked, whatever one played the most music with the least ad breaks. Nowadays i'm sure after breaks, travel, news and other fluff there's only about 5 songs an hour on most FM stations.

The old way was for everyone to get a day where they chose the CD's from home. It was all fine, and most people chose wisely, until one lad brought the Wurzels. It was fine for one playing, but not for 8 hours straight.

Thanks god for my iPod now.

One of the steno's at work just got back from visiting his family in the US. He bought Twinkies back. A whole box! Oh dear, I'm a tubby fucker.

I have to agree with Butch, most of Vine's guest and topics are complete bollocks. Every now and then there's something good, but most of the their daily programming is decent, luckily I'm normally done with work by the time Steve Wright starts, because he's such an annoying scrote.