Comments that don't warrant a thread - Version 2!

Nick James

• Paid Members

Been to see a Nutritionist at the gym today. She has told me to focus completely on Breakfast rather than the other meals to start with and that i should be getting as much protein as I can. She told me that I should be eating meat for breakfast, e.g Beef Burgers (fresh ones not frozen), Turkey Steak, Chicken Breast etc. This got me thinking that although I like the idea of having Steak for breakfast, it is going to be quite pricey to maintain.

• Moderators

One of the managers from where I used to work has just put a comment on his facebook about how since his wife died a year ago, he's hated every moment and he's now just waiting to die. I don't think I've ever been moved to tears so quickly.

Reminds me of what lovely old Peter Cushing said in an interview with the cosy old Radio Times after his wife died.peter_cushing_6.jpg "Since Helen passed on I can't find anything; the heart, quite simply, has gone out of everything. Time is interminable, the loneliness is almost unbearable and the only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that my dear Helen and I will be reunited again some day. To join Helen is my only ambition. You have my permission to publish that... really, you know dear boy, it's all just killing time. Please say that."

• Paid Members

I'm thinking of trying my hand at a bit of an art type thing. It will be shit and probably no fun as I'm really crap at anything like that.It does raise a question, which is if I was using, for example, water colours what do I need to look out for with what I draw on?Also If I'm using an unusual medium what's the best way to preserve it should I want to to maintain colour and prevent any odour? would a simple clear varnish work?There are some major art boffins on here I know, come on boffins, lets get this sorted.bigtalk.jpg

Water colours is all about the paper you're using. If you're going to use just cheap paper to have a go with first wet it and stretch it first (Tape it to a board and wet the paper, then let it dry. There's plenty of tutorials online if you want to see how to do it properly. You can pick up half decent paper for water colours quite cheap from The Works now.What do you mean by unusual medium? If you're talking about pastels or charcoal or something you can buy odourless fixers in a spray can to spray over it. If you don't have any you can use hairspray. you can also buy clear varnish, mix it with water and ideally spray it on lightly to coat.It all depends on what you're actually doing to be honest. Anything more specific give me a shout and i'll try and point you in the right direction :thumbsup:

She told me that I should be eating meat for breakfast, e.g Beef Burgers (fresh ones not frozen), Turkey Steak, Chicken Breast etc. This got me thinking that although I like the idea of having Steak for breakfast, it is going to be quite pricey to maintain.

What are your goals? Because, while it's not a bad thing to be eating steak for breakfast, surely you can just have x amount of eggs to make up the same amount of protein?

Whilst having an omelette or scrambled eggs for breakfast is pretty good, I've been using a meal reolacement drink for breakfast instead because it's easier and I'm lazy. This is the one I've been having. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/pro...243&cid=511 I'll normally have one in the evening after I;ve done training. Then I;ve been eating mixed ruit and nuts or chicken and tuna 6 times a day.

• Paid Members

Thats what I thought but she told me there isn't enough protein in just eggs. Ive got till 1st of March to get in good shape and with Christmas coming up, im trying to do all I can to sort myself out.

Thats what I thought but she told me there isn't enough protein in just eggs. Ive got till 1st of March to get in good shape and with Christmas coming up, im trying to do all I can to sort myself out.

I'd get her to fuck off then, there's nearly 7 grammes of Protein in an egg. So 3 eggs in an omelette or scrambled eggs is 20 grammes for breakfast. You'll be wanting 100-150 grammes a day, so if you're eating 6-8 small meals a day that's plenty for what you're trying to do.

• Paid Members

Been to see a Nutritionist at the gym today. She has told me to focus completely on Breakfast rather than the other meals to start with and that i should be getting as much protein as I can. She told me that I should be eating meat for breakfast, e.g Beef Burgers (fresh ones not frozen), Turkey Steak, Chicken Breast etc. This got me thinking that although I like the idea of having Steak for breakfast, it is going to be quite pricey to maintain.

Try mixing protein powder into porridge. It adds flavour and gives you the protein you need, along with the energy and low GI carbs you get from the porridge. There's hardly a better breakfast you can eat than porridge. Only takes two minutes in the microwave too.

• Paid Members

Some great ones there. I really want to know what they've seen.

I've been in that. It's pretty awesome to be honest. I've got my "scared" photo hanging in my office! :laugh:
I'd love to have a go, but it's unlikely I'll get the chance. What's the big scare? You really should post that photo. :)

• Paid Members

Try mixing protein powder into porridge. It adds flavour and gives you the protein you need, along with the energy and low GI carbs you get from the porridge. There's hardly a better breakfast you can eat than porridge. Only takes two minutes in the microwave too.

That's a great idea. I have porridge quite alot so think i will be trying this.

• Paid Members

Water colours is all about the paper you're using. If you're going to use just cheap paper to have a go with first wet it and stretch it first (Tape it to a board and wet the paper, then let it dry. There's plenty of tutorials online if you want to see how to do it properly. You can pick up half decent paper for water colours quite cheap from The Works now.What do you mean by unusual medium? If you're talking about pastels or charcoal or something you can buy odourless fixers in a spray can to spray over it. If you don't have any you can use hairspray. you can also buy clear varnish, mix it with water and ideally spray it on lightly to coat.It all depends on what you're actually doing to be honest. Anything more specific give me a shout and i'll try and point you in the right direction :thumbsup:

Many Thanks for the response. Our works has been shut for a while sadly but I'll look into doing that and test out what works with the small selection of paper I've picked up when it comes through the post beforehand, along with the seen slightly better days selection of materials I've unearthed. A lot of what I found on-line gave me basic guides to the paining, washes and so on, which I'll love to give a try despite the poor result I'll inevitable produce but I struggled to find anything specific on the materials like paper and how best to use them or prep them.The unusual medium is blood, which has some concerns for keeping it without something.Its all a bit of a spur of the moment type deal just to see what happens.

• Paid Members

One of the managers from where I used to work has just put a comment on his facebook about how since his wife died a year ago, he's hated every moment and he's now just waiting to die. I don't think I've ever been moved to tears so quickly.

Reminds me of what lovely old Peter Cushing said in an interview with the cosy old Radio Times after his wife died.peter_cushing_6.jpg "Since Helen passed on I can't find anything; the heart, quite simply, has gone out of everything. Time is interminable, the loneliness is almost unbearable and the only thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that my dear Helen and I will be reunited again some day. To join Helen is my only ambition. You have my permission to publish that... really, you know dear boy, it's all just killing time. Please say that."
Paraphrased, but that's pretty much exactly what he wrote.

Archived