DDP is training Jake Roberts for "one last run"

Dr Reefer

By "one last run" I can only assume they mean going back to indies and touring. He's never getting a run in in WWE or TNA, imo.It's good to see him trying to shape up mind, but he's as many failed comebacks as Scott Hall.The documentary could be comedy gold thought. Could you image a series? Jim Duggan moves in with DDP, Jerry Saggs moves in with DDP, Big Bully Busick moves in with DDP. Endless possibilites.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see the planned documentary. There's a really good back story given that DDP is trying to save the career of the guy who saved his when he couldn't find work after WCW fired him in the early 90's.I think Page will get Jake into shape. Jake's living at his house, eating his food and likely going to see Page's doctors, etc so he won't have much of a choice but to get healthy. At 57, I doubt he'll get fit enough to get another run in WWE or TNA but at the very least it'll add some more years to his life. The big question is whether Jake will be strong enough to maintain that lifestyle once he moves out and is on his own again.

You always think of Jake being older than 57 as he looked about that during his run in '96. Sad to think he was only in his early 40s then, which should have been him at his peak. The difference in those 3 and a bit years he was out of the spotlight (in the US anyway) was quite startling. In saying that, it was pretty noticeable between WM8 and him reappearing on WCW TV a mere 5 months or so later. Sucks how wrestling missed out on him for most of the 90s, and especially that his amazing heel character from Autumn '91 was so short-lived.

He did get clean once before and went back to WWF. Admittedly that was 12 years ago but he has done it.Apparently it was the travelling lifestyle and those wacky wrestlers spiking his drinks that got him back into his addictions.I dont see why a sober, clean and slimmed down Jake couldn't do something in TNA or WWE, even just on a temporary or one-off basis. Shit, I'd have him specifically as an agent to help guys on their promos. Plus, he'd make a great 'demonic manager' in my opinion.Or, at the very least, a Hall of Fame spot.... if he's not already in there.....

If you see some of the video diaries on youtube of people that DDP's yoga programme have helped already it is pretty humbling and inspirational. He has helped turn around folks in a much worse physical state than Jake.

Reminds me of this - still one of my favourite 'random backstage skits' ever.http://youtu.be/9AHb9uIamqA

Apparently it was the travelling lifestyle and those wacky wrestlers spiking his drinks that got him back into his addictions.

The game's changed now as well - might be a much better environment for Jake without all the hedonism of the 1980s and 1990s.

• Paid Members

An in shape, and (more importantly) clean and sober Jake will always have a spot available to him in WWE. Probably only for a couple of "legend" appearances, but Vince won't be turning him away if he gets clean.

• Paid Members

Jerry Lawler just clapped out live on TV. If anyone's got a large chance of having a heart attack on TV, its Jake. They won't even put Arn Anderson on screen, who is 50 times better than Jake Roberts on the mic these days (if anyones ever seen one of Jake's promos in the last decade). What can you do with Jake the Snake these days? He looks like a woman's been sick on his cock backstage at a show in Southampton.

Archived