Raw discussion 29/10/12

AshC

• Paid Members
I can see the Team Foley vs Punk match leading to Punk vs Foley at TLC

Ugh. It's bad enough having Foley captaining a Survivor Series team and stinking up Raw for the next few weeks. The thought of him being on Raw for another month and actually wrestling at TLC makes me feel physically sick.

He needs to fuck off forever.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can see the Team Foley vs Punk match leading to Punk vs Foley at TLC which would tie in nicely for The Rock match/Return.

What Cleetus said. Although I'm not quite sure he made the point enough that Punk/Foley would be shit.

Ziggler honestly should leave WWE, try and get a contract with TNA. I reckon they'd snap him up. He's so talented, such an all-round performer. I'd love to see him up against Angle, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, RVD, all those guys.

Ziggler honestly should leave WWE, try and get a contract with TNA. I reckon they'd snap him up.

They probably would, but that'd be a bad move for him. In Ziggler's position, going to TNA is just admitting he's not going to make it in the big time. Even as a loser in WWE, he's a far bigger star than anyone in TNA who wasn't a WWE or WCW star. He's probably on more money as well.

Plus, Daniel Bryan was a complete chump until he cashed in his Money in the Bank. Ziggler might start making waves after he does.

• Paid Members
He's probably on more money as well.

There's no doubt of that whatsoever, I'd say. I'd be surprised if anyone other than the top guys - Angle, Hardy, RVD, Anderson and maybe AJ - are making what Ziggler makes in terms of downside, and his royalties cheques will be much more lucrative. If he went to TNA, straight away goodbye yearly PS game cheque for a start.

Plus without sounding too much of a mark, WWE is the show. No-one dreams of winning a World title in front of a few hundred bellends that didnt pay to see you, they dream of wrestling in front of 60,000 at WrestleMania. The only people that ever left WWE specifically for TNA (Christian, Gail Kim) felt like they didn't have much to lose. That's not Dolph, by virture of that briefcase he's essentially been promised a chance on top.

I watched the two hour version before on Sky Sports so fuck knows what they cut out, was a lot easier to watch anyway

Cena came across as so unlikeable in his promo that I thought Vickie was turning babyface, "You got busted" was the only thing the crowd did that didn't make me think they were a bunch of knobheads

Speaking of the crowd, the (sad as fuck) building chant of "GOLDBERG" at the end of the show must've been heartbreaking for Ryback, though to be fair he probably knows he's pretty much fucked within 6 weeks anyway

AJ still has the best arse going

• Paid Members
From a creative/booking standpoint, is this the worst the WWE has ever been? :hmmm:

In terms of nothing feeling like it matters and talent not being as over as they'd like, it's pretty poor. But I think personally there will be a lot of us that have other periods that we felt were worse : I've read people on here say they think 1995 was the pits in terms of crap gimmicks, lack of genuine main event heels or drawing cards and alleged "waste" of Bret not being in and around the main event for most of the year, although personally I thought there were enough belting matches to keep things going.

My own nadir was 2003 Raw. I just found it really boring for most of the year without really knowing why. 2004 SmackDown also. These were periods where whatever they were cooking up failed to hold my interest. At least today periodically I still want to see what certain characters do.

Archived