Raw discussion 29/10/12

AshC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's episode of WWE Raw did a 2.94 rating with 4.10 million viewers. That number is up from the previous two weeks and about even with the 4.11 million viewers that was three weeks ago. The show averaged hours of 4.31 million viewers, 4.22 million and then 3.78 for the third hour.The show's demographics were up compared to last week, with the show starting strong and then dropping as it progressed. The show's main cable competition was ESPN's Monday Night Football, which was below-average with 10.7 million viewers. Most of cable was down thanks to Hurricane Sandy.

You read it right.RAW's rating went UP.WWE_Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin_What-10.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm surprised this weeks Raw isn't being ripped to shreds.The explanation for the screwjob at HIAC is "I don't know what happened and the guy who does isn't here, sorry. Let's move one"The Foley and Punk opening segment was embarrassing and it looked to me like Ryback was sent out a bit earlier than intended to stop it sinking any more.This Cena/AJ/Vicki/Ziggler thing is as stupid a storyline as I care to remember, noone gives a fuck about it, let's just cut to the match at SS which I'm sure will be enjoyable.The two teams were as predictable as they could have possibly been and so is the outcome of the match in 3 weeks time. Foley's team are down to just Ryback who goes through 2 or 3 of Punk's team leaving just him and Punk, Ryback gets the win. Feud over.If I wasn't worried that I couldn't get back in to it, I'd be looking to take a break from watching WWE's cack for a while.

I'm surprised this weeks Raw isn't being ripped to shreds.

The explanation for the screwjob at HIAC is "I don't know what happened and the guy who does isn't here, sorry. Let's move one"

That wasnt really the explanation though was it? It was just Punks version of events to escape any punishment. There'll be more to come from Maddox and probably helping Punk again at some point and being a 'Paul Heyman guy'.

It was a shit show, though.

• Paid Members
Im guessing we'll get Cena vs Ziggler at SS as well now.

Maybe even a Team Show vs Team Sheamus?

I don't think the roster is strong enough to warrant one more 5 on 5, let alone two. If you wanted to, I suppose you could have Cena, Rey, Sin Cara, Gabriel and Ryder against Ziggler, Prime Time Players, Cesaro and Barratt. But that would be slightly rubbish and too high jobber content. People would get bored quickly waiting for Cena to win.

To be fair, Maddox took one hell of a bump, the entire Cell shook from the impact of Ryback launching him into it. It'd be totally daft to see him appear on Raw the next night, right as rain. Tim White retired from a less brutal bump in the Cell.

Yes, except that he's a wrestler jobbing as a ref.

It was pretty dog overall. No explanation of why Ziggler didn't cash in MITB after guaranteeing he would do so (not that anyone cares, since he's lost 90% of his matches in the last 6 months). Barrett losing to Orton, thereby proving the "everyone beats everyone else" theory and destroying any potential feud before its begun. Bryan and Kane are brilliant, but EVERY MATCH they've had for the last two months has followed the exact same pattern. They've turned the most over tag team in years into the same old shit because they have no idea what to do with a hot tag team.

There's such a samey, stale feel at the mo. They've ruined Ryback. Everyone fights everyone so you've alredy seen it a million times before it's on a PPV. It needs SOMETHING, soon, God knows what though. A bullshit survivor series revenge match for Ryback really isn't it, though.

The Foley and Punk opening segment was embarrassing and it looked to me like Ryback was sent out a bit earlier than intended to stop it sinking any more.

Funnily enough, that moment stood out to me as being the exact opposite. Just as I was thinking to myself Foley and Punk are looking at eachother for an unusually long time without saying anything which usually means one of them forgot what to say next or they are waiting for someone to interrupt them, that's when Ryback's music hit.

I didn't hate it as much as most.

I liked CM Punk talking about how he won the Title at Survivor Series before turning round, looking at Alberto Del Rio and mouthing the words "No offence" before continuing. And since this recent return to singles for the Miz feud I've found Kofi Kingston entertaining for the first time in a few years.

I often go through spells where the product is so dull that I give up watching Raw and just read to see if anything good happened each Tuesday morning, but I haven't felt that way lately. Also, MSP > 3MB.

To be fair, Maddox took one hell of a bump, the entire Cell shook from the impact of Ryback launching him into it. It'd be totally daft to see him appear on Raw the next night, right as rain. Tim White retired from a less brutal bump in the Cell.

Yes, except that he's a wrestler jobbing as a ref.

That isn't known as part of the storyline though, is it? As far as we're concerned he's simply a referee that AJ brought in.

Archived