Raw discussion 29/10/12

AshC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had thought for a split second that Lesnar might be on Team Punk, as a "Paul Heyman guy", but then I saw sense and realised that they wouldn't make him just another guy in a tag match.As for Raw, I thought it was a decent show. It would have seemed pretty good if it was condensed to two hours. There wasn't even that much useless filler, most stuff had a purpose, but weekly 3 hour shows test my patience and attention span, especially the day after a 3 hour PPV.One thing I do like is the increased focus on the tag team division. Hopefully it all plays into a featured match at Survivor Series. An elimination bout of Rey/Sin Cara/Santino/Ryder/Gabriel vs. The Prime Time Players and 3MB could be really fun. Sin Cara is really starting to come into his own, his work is looking a lot more seamless. The botch from the PPV was more of a freak accident than clumsiness.

Absolutely nothing I saw entertained me in the slightest. The Foley - Punk SS match makes little sense, and the back and forth between the two men was terrible. How can we take Vickie seriously in the story with AJ and Cena when she's had many on-air relationships herself?Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton was a good match but Orton is stale and Barrett keeps losing which is annoying.I really want Cesaro to be a big player, but his promo last night and his gimmick in general is boring. Kofi has been stale from years, I don't think he's ever recovered from WWE pulling the carpet from under him during his first big feud with Randy Orton. Miz and R-Truth getting involved didn't enthral me much either.And then I had to turn off because the thought of Del Rio, Sheamus or Big Show still to come put me to sleep.This is as bad as I've ever seen the product.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Heath Slater got round to the Overdrive in his tour through WWE's pool of lower card finishers. I think he's actually run the table now (reverse DDT, some kind of high-impact bulldog, some kind of jumping mat slam from behind, now the Overdrive. They had to take the Test Drive/Roll the Dice/Cross Rhodes out of the rotation once Cody established it.) I actually thought he was going for a Rocker Dropper when he set it up, which would be much more suited, and is a much better finisher.I sincerly hope they stop putting Foley in segments with Kaitlyn. I don't think I could take it if she were to become the latest diva he got all creepy old man obsessed with.As for the team reveals, I suppose it's a nice mix of fairly high-up guys, but any suspense was gone as soon as Team Punk was fully revealed. You could see a mile off that Foley was going to come out and say "I've got... the guy Miz is feuding with... the team Rhodes Scholars are feuding with... and the guy Del Rio's feuding with!", Punk was going to be all "I can't wait to beat the shit out of you, Mick!", and Foley would be like "Your loss mate, I'm not going to be in the match... it's going to be.... waitforitwaitforit... come on, everyone's worked it out except you, Punk.... that's right... THE GUY YOU'RE FEUDING WITH AND DIDN'T WANT TO GET BACK IN THE RING WITH!!!!"

• Paid Members

I predicted before the show they would do the Lex Luger thing with Ryback, where they ruined his character at SummerSlam 93 and thought they could salvage it by having him win a Survivor Series match that nobody cares about. Why would they? Why would anyone care about these cast of characters? Three hours of this shit as well.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Heath Slater got round to the Overdrive in his tour through WWE's pool of lower card finishers. I think he's actually run the table now (reverse DDT, some kind of high-impact bulldog, some kind of jumping mat slam from behind, now the Overdrive. They had to take the Test Drive/Roll the Dice/Cross Rhodes out of the rotation once Cody established it.) I actually thought he was going for a Rocker Dropper when he set it up, which would be much more suited, and is a much better finisher.I sincerly hope they stop putting Foley in segments with Kaitlyn. I don't think I could take it if she were to become the latest diva he got all creepy old man obsessed with.As for the team reveals, I suppose it's a nice mix of fairly high-up guys, but any suspense was gone as soon as Team Punk was fully revealed. You could see a mile off that Foley was going to come out and say "I've got... the guy Miz is feuding with... the team Rhodes Scholars are feuding with... and the guy Del Rio's feuding with!", Punk was going to be all "I can't wait to beat the shit out of you, Mick!", and Foley would be like "Your loss mate, I'm not going to be in the match... it's going to be.... waitforitwaitforit... come on, everyone's worked it out except you, Punk.... that's right... THE GUY YOU'RE FEUDING WITH AND DIDN'T WANT TO GET BACK IN THE RING WITH!!!!"

I know what you mean, but...thats generally what happens in wrestling...i think it just lacked a bit of excitement.Quite happy with it tbh, a big main event traditional survivor series match is class. Hope they have a few more but no complaints from me.Jinder Mahal may have stole the show with "Im the funny one" and then *deadpan stare* Quite happy for them, hope it goes well for these lads. The Cena/AJ stuff is painful. Please stop it. I think we all know Ziggler isnt going to beat Cena here so lets not bother. Maybe a survivor series match there.I liked The Big Show vs Sheamus promo, normally hate Sheamus promos but i thought I'd give them a chance considering the match at HIAC and they did good. Im up for another encounter at SS or if they go as team captains for an elimination match im cool with it.

• Paid Members

3mb.jpg

Apart from that segment, Raw was abysmal. The predictable Survivor Series teams wouldn't have been nearly as bad if it featured feuds people are arsed about.

3 megabytes became my favourite thing in wrestling with that one segment. WWE have managed to make Jinder Fucking Mahal and Drew McIntyre interesting AND entertaining, incredible.

Archived