SPOILERS

King Pitcos

Just read simonbegz' post about watching the ppv main event tomorrow night and thought "Well, cunt, I'll tell you who won before then!" Obviously I won't, and simonbegz has done nothing to me, but it got me thinking about spoilers. Not another discussion about whether you read spoilers before watching wrestling shows (if you do, you're probably worse than Savile), but times you've spoiled stuff for others or had stuff spoiled for you by surprise.

For me, it's usually just been my own fault. Going on forums and someone had a Christian signature pic about an hour after he'd returned on ECW. Or thinking "searching for Royal Rumble on YouTube is my best bet for watching it" which ruined the Cena one for me. I think I heard someone talking about Big Show and Mayweather the day after No Way Out 08, which made me paranoid about going out the day after ppvs. I haven't left the house since, anyway?

After typing that, I've realised that probably nobody has interesting stories about spoilers, but I've written this now and that's tough going on the tablet so I'm posting it. Fuck you.

Edit: I've said spoiled a few times there. Should it be spoilt?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding any WWE wrestlers on Facebook (or at least liking their fan page) is the kiss of death for spoilers JBL is the worst for it. Had many things spoiled with his Layfield report.

The indie wrestlers aren't too bad on facebook though Thumbtack Jack recently ruined a PPV match with one of his updates. Also my Wrestling online app on my phone is always spoiler central so if i'm watching a PPV on a Monday night I don't look at the updates on a Monday which is hard as i get bored at work

• Paid Members

I remember when Big Show beat Brock Lesnar and a mate of mine from our college computers signed up on here and had a thread title which read "Big Show Won the WWE title last night" and the thread just had "Well pleased with that". There was hell on.

EDIT: I hope I haven't just gave someone an idea for after tonights PPV :/

• Paid Members

The day after Survivor Series '99 a kid at school told me Big Show won the WWF title and Austin got run over. Obviously I wasn't bothered because he was an idiot and the sort to talk shit, and this one was obviously him being a dick and bullshitting. Why would Big Show win it?

I ruined Edge cashing in for myself by coming on here and someone had it in their sig, was a bit gutted about that. I'm so very glad I never had the Cena Rumble win ruined for me and I was actually there to experience it instead. One of the best pulled off surprises ever. Truly brilliant.

• Paid Members

On the subject of Survivor Series 99, did anyone have mates who knew the result and pretended they'd watched it? I remember this one lad went on saying "Big Show and Undertaker's music came on and I thought it was the Undertaker returning and Big Show came out". But Big Show came out to his music didn't he?

Another favourite was someone telling me "Mick Foley's new music is class" and knowing the lad was talking shite, we were went "the best bit is when the bloke starts rapping about Socko halfway through" and he went "aye, that's class that bit". EXPOSED TWAT.

Another favourite was someone telling me "Mick Foley's new music is class" and knowing the lad was talking shite, we were went "the best bit is when the bloke starts raping about Socko halfway through" and he went said "aye, that's class that bit". EXPOSED TWAT.

:laugh: That's Amazing

• Paid Members
The day after Survivor Series '99 a kid at school told me Big Show won the WWF title and Austin got run over.

Yeah. Remember it like it was yesterday, getting into college. "Did you watch it?" is all I asked, and he blurted out "I just turned it on and Big Show was champion!" Cheers, fuckhead. I never spoke to him again.

Then the day after Mania XVI a lad said "did you watch it," and I replied "no" and he thought it would be fine to say "Yeah, I didnt watch it but I know Triple H wins." I never spoke to him again either.

College ending was a godsend for me not having wrestling spoiled. Although by that point, I wasn't speaking to most of my friends because of similar incidents.

On the subject of Survivor Series 99, did anyone have mates who knew the result and pretended they'd watched it?

Not with that show, but Umba down the road swore Bret Hart had won at Summerslam 92. He was older, so I believed it and paid out on a bet to my mate next door.

Worst one for me was SummerSlam 1992. (And no, I still can't work out why I didn't go either!). The results had been in the Mirror but I'd avoided them all day. Just as the main event was about to start, my sisters fat mate wandered in and spitefully said "Bulldog wins". I spent the whole match telling myself that she didn't know really. She obviously did.

I stopped deliberately reading spoilers when a poll on whatever website I used to visit was something along the lines of "how surprised were you to see Eric Bischoff on Raw". Gutted.

These days I always try to watch live to avoid such things happening. I did manage to have The Rock's return as guest host of WM27 spoilt, when I nodded off and woke up to a text message saying how great it was gonna be. I only caught two words of the message. The Rock.

Group messages are a bit of a pain. I've ended up in one with 3 other mates and a couple of them will have a convo on a Tuesday morning about Raw. If I've not caught it all, and I'm out and about the next day, I have to put up with my phone beeping every couple of minutes whilst they talk crap, and get the wife to vet it for me, in case I've been messaged about anything important!

Twitter has ruined countless shows for me. Even after unfollowing the WWE account, wrestlers accounts etc., somebody ends up re-tweeting something. It's at the stage now I just don't bother logging on till I've seen shows.

• Paid Members

It's at the stage now I just don't bother logging on till I've seen shows.

I'm glad you've learned this lesson - time and time again reading the UKFF it amazes me how stupid people can be, and continuously get on YouTube, social networks and even THIS SODDING FORUM expecting not to get something spoiled. It's the internet. Its main function is to spoil things. Sport, tv shows from the States, what sex is like for the uninitiated.

• Paid Members

Twitter has ruined countless shows for me. Even after unfollowing the WWE account, wrestlers accounts etc., somebody ends up re-tweeting something. It's at the stage now I just don't bother logging on till I've seen shows.

I find with Twitter its even harder to avoid spoilers even before a show in terms of speculation about surprise appearances, likely wins, etc but have to agree. If its a show that I really want to avoid results for I have to avoid the internet completely.

Not really a spoiler as such but a pet hate of mine is falling asleep watching wrestling, then waking up just after someone wins and their music goes off. For some reason every Wrestlemania I wake up to the Undertaker's post match celebration, absolutely ruin it for myself then have to re-watch it the next day.

Archived