Fight Club: Pro - Infinity 2012 - 7th December

Still absolutely buzzing from last nights show, MK Mckinnon has been someone who I have often felt doesn't quite live up to his hype when outside of FCP - well last night he was in his own environment and completely in his element. For me, until now, MOTY had been Ligero vs Tozawa at PCW which was truly breathtaking, last night I think that it saw a contender in McKinnon vs Edwards - The assention Ladder Match was truly a sight to behold, atmosphere second to nothing I have experienced the length and breadth of the country this year! What a way to polish off a great year in FCP!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a show last night! Every match delivered. Ladder match was awesome, Completely destroyed the cage where i was standing.

Results:

Clint Margera beat T-Bone, Jim Hunter and Chris Brookes

Trent Seven beat Spud, Dan Ryder and Lee Hunter

Michael Elgin beat Dave Mastiff

MK McKinnan beat Eddie Edwards to retain the FCP Title in a ladder match.

Clint Margera beat Trent Seven to win the Infinity Tournament

No return date announced as of yet, keep an eye on there facebook page. Elgin and Mastiff are now 1-1, Mastiff said he wouldn't shake Elgins hand until they have one more match. T-Bone is a fucking monster! Great addition to the roster and to Spuds stable. If Spud goes to TNA he will really be missed at FCP, Him and Ryder are great heels.

I've never seen FCP have a bad show yet in the 18 months I've been going but this was one of their best.

I think the first 2 Infinity tournament matches where quite throw away as Trent and Clint were saving themselves for their war later on and the matches themselves seemed to be designed not to do too much to take away from the 3 big matches after the break. They were absolutely fine matches, but not as intense or epic as so many of FCP's matches are and definitely just the warm up for what was about to follow.

One thing worth mentioning about those matches was I really quite liked T-Bone's in ring debut (although I know at least one of my friends wont appreciate me for saying that!) I think he has been improving over the last couple of years and isn't too far off making it all come together now, I think the FCP environment is a good fit for him and he brings something different to the roster.

After the break Mastiff and Elgin went to battle in their much anticipated rematch, I think the consensus after their first match was that it was really good but they held back and saved something for a rematch. They certainly upped the ante and pushed in further and certainly eclipsed their first encounter, but at the same time again you got the impression they still have held back a little and saved something really special for what will ultimately be the 3rd and final decider when Elgin returns in the future. Really good hard hitting match with some incredible feats of strength and athleticism for 2 of the best heavy weights in the business, also a great little back and forth at the end to build up for next time.

Whereas you felt Mastiff and Elgin saved something for next time, Eddie and MK held nothing back in their ladder match and delivered an absolute thriller. Not that you'd expect anything less when these 2 guys are in the ring together, these guys have amazing chemistry, are both insanely over with the fans and some mental ladder bumps and brilliant and inventive spots meant this delivered every bit as much as you could have hoped. Fair play to Eddie for doing a ladder match, with his intonational schedule, it would be understandable if he didn't want to take on the extra risk of being injured in this type of match but he really went for it and played his part in another FCP epic. MK is the man in FCP and if he keep going as he is taking more and more bookings outside of FCP then 2013 is going to be huge for him.

The final match of the Infinity tournament was a rematch of Trent vs Clint from earlier in the year, that for my money was a surprising candidate for British MOTY. Their first encounter was the hardest hitting contest I have ever seen live and they started this match where they left off last time, right from the bell they went balls to the walls and didn't let up until it was over. An all out war with some of the hardest strikes you'll ever see and some mental moves from the ring to the floor and cage helped to push Clint up to the level of Trent, Mastiff and MK in the FCP pecking order. It's obvious Clint's love for the death match style, but he is also pretty good at doing the 'British Strong Style' too when given the chance, so I think it's good that he got the win in the tournament and the boost that goes with it so he doesn't get stuck just doing Death matches as he is running out of suitable people to face working that style in FCP. Clint vs Trent had a hell of a job trying to live up to the standards the previous 2 matches set and although I'm not sure if they quite bettered Elgin/Mastiff and MK/Eddie they certainly kept up with them and did a fine job of closing the show.

Overall loved the show, FCP never let us down when it comes to putting on a great event. Can't wait to see them back in January, no date set but possibly the same weekend as TNA's UK tour, but TNA is rubbish anyway so it doesn't matter.

In repose to Accident Prone about FCP putting their name out more, I agree they have caught lightening in a bottle and more people should know about it. The thing is they seem to want to keep it an underground thing, which is fine, but I think that at the moment they are so underground that people who would be interest simply have no idea it exists. At Project Mayhem I spoke to a guy who lived in Wolves who up till that point hadn't ever been to an FCP show, and it was purely because he didn't know about FCP and only heard about it though the CZW website, which kind of highlights the lack of awareness.

I'm absolutely certain that if they started to announce dates a little more in advance, finishing the show at a time so anyone coming on public transport can get their last train or bus home, and just did a little promoting like putting up posters, flyering, etc then they would get loads more people to their shows. I know they love the vibe it currently has but I don't think they need to give that up or change anything about the product, just make it easier for their fans (new and old) to travel to and find out about the shows the more people there the better the atmosphere will be. FCP's biggest flaw is that more people aren't coming to see what a fantastic product they have, they've had a phenomenal year and hopefully next year will be even better and more people will find out about and come to see how damn good they are.

Sounds yet another amazing show that I'm sorry to say I missed. I've been to 2 of the last 3 FCP events but I must admit I only know its on when I remember to look on their facebook page so to say I was gutted at 10pm last night to read Elgin v Mastiff was happening while I was reading about it is an understatement. If anyone is ever considering going to these shows I thoroughly recommend it, some of the best matches and possibly the best atmosphere in UK wrestling today.

If the next show is on TNA tour weekend I may have to give it a miss as I'm at Nottingham & Wembley so FCP would probably be on the Friday in between. Damn.

Again, submitted for post on http://www.ultimateindys.com/ but seen as they haven't yet put up my previous three show reviews, I'm not holding my breath.

On Friday the 7th of December, Fight Club: Pro presented their last show of the year, "Infinity".

The first rule of Fight Club: Pro is - You do not promote Fight Club: Pro. Or at least that's what the promoters ethos is. Fight Club: Pro's is the UK's best kept secret simply due to the fact that they're not intentionally keeping it a secret. They just don't promote. So FCP's reputation has spread through the UK scene simply through word of mouth and the international partnerships and talent that they book. Fight Club have hosted CZW's UK shows annually for the past two years so you may have heard their name from there, Fight Club home talent like Trent Seven, MK McKinnan and Clint Margera have travelled to America and Japan to work CZW, CHIKARA, EVOLVE and Big Japan so you may have heard of their names, and American Jonathan Gresham has used Fight Club as his new home promotion since moving to Europe in August of 2011, but unless you've heard the name "Fight Club: Pro" through association to any of these factors, odds are you won't be aware of Fight Club: Pro.

And for those who have discovered FCP that is part of it's cult, underground appeal. They hold monthly shows on a Friday on the top floor of a gritty, dirty rock night club called The Planet in Wolverhampton and the ring is surrounded by a steel wire cage so it's standing room only as the fans circle the ring with their faces pressed up against the cage. Doors to The Planet itself open at 7.30pm, the upstairs is usually opened at 8.20 with a mad rush upstairs for fans to take pole position around the cage as the shows usually began after half past eight and finish well after 11pm. With it's location and late start/finish times, FCP appeals exclusively to the 18-35 year old age demographic (and older) but you will find older people and every now and then younger with a guardian, but children are a rarity. What makes the shows so special is the atmosphere the crowd generates as you have a room of young, drunk and rowdy fans who are local to Wolverhampton (and I would estimate a percentage of them know the FCP crew) and then a minority of fans who have travelled to the show for the wrestling and the atmosphere.. And also to get drunk and rowdy. Swearing and making a lot of noise by banging and kicking the hell out of the cage is not only accepted, it's actively encouraged

Tickets are only

Was the show being filmed? Really want to see the ladder match.

All shows are filmed, Very are very behind on releasing DVDs though, Still haven't released there March event yet. Hopefully the break before the next show will give them time to sort some out.

From fight club pro:

All shows will be released on DVD. But we are having some changes in our production at the moment to ensure we get the best quality service for you guys. But all shows will be released.

Archived