Raw 22/10 discussion

d-d-d-dAz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jericho just doesn't get it. CM Punk's only held the belt for a full year, if that. How is a champion supposed to go into a title match with The Rock with any credibility if he hasn't held the belt for 400+ days? Exactly! I'm with Maxwell Murder & Co on this, the best thing for Ryback right now, is for Punk to retain on Sunday, beat The Rock at the Rumble, then go into Wrestlemania as champion. Ryback's got to lose a match at some point, so why not now? Why not tap him out clean to the Anaconda vise? It's not going to hurt him.

Then the next night on Raw you can have Paul Heyman come out and say that due to his legal expertise he managed to sneak in a "loser has to wear a dress" clause. That way, the crowd that are already chomping at the bit to see him get revenge for losing clean, will be even more chomping at the bit, because he has to wear a dress. Plus, they'll be even more incensed when Punk can cut "I've been WWE champion for 400+ days" promos in the lead-in to him beating The Rock. Those promos literally can't happen if Punk loses on Sunday. Why in their right minds would WWE risk missing out on those promos just to put the belt on a guy who's going to have to lose the belt at some point in time anyway? Unless Ryback's going to wrestle forever and ever and never lose... Is he? Does anyone here actually think Ryback is immortal? Didn't fucking think so.

Long story short: Punk beats Sammartino's record, Ryback gets more over = Everyone wins... Except for Cena, he dies in an accident.

I forgot about Mason Ryan, He looked so out of place stood there looking incredibly uninterested and just stood there so robotically that I convinced myself he was going to interfere. Quite odd looking back.

It was like he didn't know whether he was supposed to be a face or a heel, so he didn't dare to help or attack anyone at all. He just stood there with a blank expression looking very odd.

• Paid Members

The powerbomb on Punk was absolutely fucking amazing. I rewound that over and over. The look on Punks face when he was hoisted up, the 'oohhh' from the crowd, followed by a splattering impact made it just so beautiful.

Not to bang out the old 'Cena needs to turn' schtick but how great would it be if he did turn and caused Ryback to somehow not win. That's the only thing i'd want to see other than a Ryback win. Of coarse it would make more sense to have a slow build to Cena turning on Ryback but it would put Ryback in a feud that is guaranteed to put him over more than anyone else and give Punk the space to have his run at the Rock then post Rumble you could put Ryback back with Punk and have a heel Cena vs The Rock at 'Mania.

What is Mason Ryan doing? He's not down at NXT/FCW or on the road, has he been injured? Strange to leave someone on your payroll without doing anything at all with.

He's at TV every week I think, he's always popping up in the YouTube shows they record backstage.

• Paid Members
What is Mason Ryan doing? He's not down at NXT/FCW or on the road, has he been injured? Strange to leave someone on your payroll without doing anything at all with.

He's at TV every week I think, he's always popping up in the YouTube shows they record backstage.

Does he? He doesn't ever wrestle though, does he? Not even in dark matches and such. He must be rusty as fuck. And bored.

Does he? He doesn't ever wrestle though, does he? Not even in dark matches and such. He must be rusty as fuck. And bored.

He's been injured.

Back to the whole GM rubbish imo HUSTLE was onto a good idea when they had the occasional GM election and I reckon an annual Raw and/or Smackdown GM election (or just do it when things get stale) could be a fun idea if worked right heck it would even fit right in WWE's social network obsession for example they could post campaign videos on youtbe.

Just chuck three suitable personalities (Vickie, AJ and Teddy for example) into the storyline and it's good to go.

Archived