Raw 22/10 discussion

d-d-d-dAz

Hint of who the next GM is from Alvarez on F4W, especially with the location of next weeks Raw.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I don't know if Ric Flair is coming back. BUT, last night's show with AJ getting fired was actually planned months ago. The idea was she would be fired the week before Charlotte, and then in Charlotte Flair would be introduced either as the GM, or in another role which would necessitate Vickie being used as the GM (which also happened to be set up last night with her in the "temporary" position).

The fact they stuck with the plan to fire her last night does suggest Flair is coming in next week, but that doesn't mean for sure that he is, or that they don't have another plan and that this is a coincidence.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I thought there was legal problems with TNA preventing WWE from brining Ric Flair in?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

As I understand it there aren't legal troubles per se (I.e. there is no restriction) but that they felt it would be wise to hold back on him until this tna "stealing contract issue" quitened down.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a great choice for GM. But after a week or two the person will go back to the generic "Teddy Long" format where they announce predictable tag matches to end the show. With the ratings being low they should have the new GM change the feel of the show. Be involved in all the ins and outs and to react more spontaneous ie. being original in the character. It's hard to say much more without giving away spoilers.

Also I haven't watched SmackDown for months but is Booker T or Teddy Long the GM these days?

They've missed their chance to do much building of him now. He's wrestled everyone a thousand times, spending another twenty thousand hours of TV time on him getting his wins back wouldn't help do anything except make more people go "I've already seen this match loads of times." He's going to have to do what Daniel Bryan did, and raise his game after winning the title and getting some storylines.

The problem is I don't think that Ziggler has anything else to offer more than he is at the moment. The only way they could save him is by turning him face, as he would then have few new people to wrestle and feud with (Del Rio, Miz, Punk, Rhodes, Sandow rather than Sheamus, Orton and Kofi again). They would not be all that interesting matches/feuds on paper, but I guess it would be something we have not seen numerous times from him.

• Paid Members

Who has The Miz pissed off in the back?

They don't seem to know what to do with him. One minute they seem to be running with him and the next they're sending him out to job in a squash match. Poor guy.

Weird Raw, didn't seem to have much direction, if any at all.

Would have liked Ryback to tear through all the lumberjack heels while Punk sneaks away but I have no idea whats going to happen at Hell in a Cell on Sunday... It wasnt a bad Raw for me, it was just deathly dull. A few good matches including the Tag match at the start and Dolph vs Daniel Bryan.

I really cant take anymore Big Show or Sheamus.

• Paid Members

The Miz is a perfectly good midcarder, it just took them a couple of failed main event pushes (and incidents) to realise this. The biggest problem The Miz has is he has no mates, with power, backstage. If you watch Punk's latest DVD he says he wanted to leave after The Miz main evented Wrestlemania; Mr. 161 said The Miz becoming WWE champion was a complete joke and exposed the business.

Anything The Miz does wrong is highlighted by his 'enemies'. Triple H even gave him a bollocking in front of the entire locker room for buggering up a plancha with R-Truth. Not that I'm arsed, I don't rate The Miz as anything more than a solid midcarder.

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho agrees with the clever UKFFers:

CHRIS JERICHO DISCUSSES WHY RYBACK SHOULD WIN THE WWE TITLE, WHY PUNK HAS GONE AS FAR AS HE CAN GO AND AND MORE

By Mike Ryker on 2012-10-23 12:40:51

Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho called Dave Lagreca and Mike Riker on Busted Open to get his take on Ryback vs CM Punk at Hell In A Cell. You can hear Busted Open on Sirius 92, XM 208 and on Sports Zone on the internet.

Chris Jericho on why he thinks Ryback should win on Sunday: "I don

Thing is with The Miz after seeing him Main-Event Wrestlemania to me seeing him now in the Mid-card he seems too good for it. He probably isn't going to get another run like he got the first time which is a shame. As for Hell in the Cell other than a Lesnar interference Ryback has to leave with the title.

Chris Jericho agrees with the clever UKFFers:

I can agree with a lot of what Jericho says and what has already been said be many on here. WWE are in serious need of some new stars and Ryback could be one of the men they are looking for. They have really rushed him into the main event picture though, after squashing a bunch of low-card talent for a few months and then Tensai, Miz and Ziggler. His biggest feud has been with Jinder Mahal! Yes the fans seems to be getting behind him a little, but it still feels like he has been rushed into the match at HIAC and that he is not really ready.

If Ryback beats Punk then they have someone new as WWE champion, but when he loses for the first time (and I see him losing before the end of 2012 given WWE's lack of building up anyone new and lack of faith in anyone new) he is just another wrestler who cannot speak and has very limited in-ring abilities. His unbeaten streak and the fact he seems unstoppable are his only strengths, but he has got to lose at some point and when he does he will be thrown back into the mid-card.

We will have to see how it plays out at HIAC and if WWE have any faith in Ryback, but there are certainly valid arguements both for Ryback winning the title and for having Punk retain.

Archived