Raw 22/10 discussion

d-d-d-dAz

Idle speculation of mine in chat, based on nothing more than Ziggler and Cena pointing towards a feud: Any chance of Cena vs Rock being a title unification match at WrestleMania? Cena wins the world title from Ziggler, Rock wins the WWE title... But they'd have to have the Rumble winner challenge Undertaker instead. Probably won't happen, but I'm not sure why else they moved in the direction of Cena and Ziggler feuding.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why else they moved in the direction of Cena and Ziggler feuding.

Maybe because neither will have much else to do after Hell in a Cell and it is a somewhat fresh feud?Cena has fought Punk too many times already for another match between them to be needed any time soon (and Punk will probably be feuding with Ryback for a bit). I guess there could be a 3-way feud involving Punk, Ryback and Cena depending on who wins in the title match on Sunday, but I will guess at Punk/Ryback feuding for a bit instead.Ziggler actually winning a match this week leads me to believe that he will probably cash in MITB on Sunday and lose (he can't really win the World title as he is nowhere near ready to be champion). He has very little else to do post-HIAC (he has had very little to do pre-HIAC but that is beside the point) so feuding with Cena is one direction he could go in. Cena will beat him in the end and Ziggler will drop back into the mid-card again, but at least he will have been feuding with the top star for a bit.

Surely Ziggler wouldn't lose when he cashes in. If he does, he's absolutely knackered. He's already been slaughtered by every main event opponent he's faced. If they've got any plans for him at all, I can't see him failing when he cashes in unless it's due to some kind of shenanigans to do with Vickie and he goes babyface as a result. I can only see him having a filler feud with Cena if he doesn't cash in yet.

Take it for what it's worth, but Court Bauer said that last week's show was chopped around with segments that were meant to be scrapped were included in the final show; so essentially you had several shows thrown together which seems likely with Heyman/Vince being teased and then nothing happening there.According to Meltzer, Raw was up against a lot last night, with the debate and various sports so they'll be bracing themselves for a bad rating. Could they hot-shot the title to Ryback and then back to Punk in time for the Rumble?At this point no scenario is perfect and we just have to accept that.Brock coming back to help Punk in the Cell would protect Ryback and keep the belt on Punk, as well as finally forming the ultimate Heyman alliance of the two. The only thing is you waste a Brock appearance.

Take it for what it's worth, but Court Bauer said that last week's show was chopped around with segments that were meant to be scrapped were included in the final show; so essentially you had several shows thrown together which seems likely with Heyman/Vince being teased and then nothing happening there.

I didn't understand what the deal was with that, I was expecting Vince vs Heyman in the main event, but nobody else in chat seemed to be so I thought I'd just misheard or missed something.

My series linked Raw failed to tape for some reason, although I'm particularly aggrieved about it.

All I will say is that if they've got their head screwed on, they'll have Ryback win the title. That said, this is WWE, so I expect Punk to win clean. It doesn't matter what way they try to spin, if Ryback loses, he is done.

I didn't understand what the deal was with that, I was expecting Vince vs Heyman in the main event, but nobody else in chat seemed to be so I thought I'd just misheard or missed something.

Heyman suggested CM Punk vs Vince, Vince then said how about Vince vs Heyman, Heyman pussied out before Vince told him to fuck off. There was never an announcement and it was made clear it was Vince being a cunt just to counter Punks challenge, without looking like a complete bitch.

I'm surprised after the segment anyone thought it was going to take place.

However it explains why I thought this weeks show was so disjointed and things seemed thrown together, out of place etc etc.

Any chance the Punk/Ryback match could be used just to set up the Survivor Series main event and with the help of jiggery fuckery we don't really get a conclusive finish.

We've got the AJ/Vickie/Heyman plot, Zigglers dipped his wick in with Cena and Ryback, Vickie could yet bring Swagger back in from the cold.

Cena/Ryback/D Bry/Kane/Kofi vs. Punk/Ziggles/Swagger/Miz/Big Show or something...?

Surely Ziggler wouldn't lose when he cashes in. If he does, he's absolutely knackered. He's already been slaughtered by every main event opponent he's faced.

Surely that is reason enough for him not to win the World title. He has lost that many times to that many people from the top of the card to the middle of the card, that if he were to win the title it would benefit no one. They really need to build him up a lot more before he should be anywhere near the World title.

They've missed their chance to do much building of him now. He's wrestled everyone a thousand times, spending another twenty thousand hours of TV time on him getting his wins back wouldn't help do anything except make more people go "I've already seen this match loads of times." He's going to have to do what Daniel Bryan did, and raise his game after winning the title and getting some storylines.

Vince vs. Heyman at Wrestlemania could be fun.

It wasn't very fun the last time Vince fought a non-wrestler at WrestleMania in a pseudo-shoot feud based on shit from fifteen years ago that nobody cares about anymore.

• Paid Members

Hint of who the next GM is from Alvarez on F4W, especially with the location of next weeks Raw.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I don't know if Ric Flair is coming back. BUT, last night's show with AJ getting fired was actually planned months ago. The idea was she would be fired the week before Charlotte, and then in Charlotte Flair would be introduced either as the GM, or in another role which would necessitate Vickie being used as the GM (which also happened to be set up last night with her in the "temporary" position).

The fact they stuck with the plan to fire her last night does suggest Flair is coming in next week, but that doesn't mean for sure that he is, or that they don't have another plan and that this is a coincidence.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Hint of who the next GM is from Alvarez on F4W, especially with the location of next weeks Raw.

I don't know if Ric Flair is coming back. BUT, last night's show with AJ getting fired was actually planned months ago. The idea was she would be fired the week before Charlotte, and then in Charlotte Flair would be introduced either as the GM, or in another role which would necessitate Vickie being used as the GM (which also happened to be set up last night with her in the "temporary" position).

The fact they stuck with the plan to fire her last night does suggest Flair is coming in next week, but that doesn't mean for sure that he is, or that they don't have another plan and that this is a coincidence.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I thought there was legal problems with TNA preventing WWE from brining Ric Flair in?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Moderators

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He better come in with Totally Buff, Animal, Jeff Jarrett and the Steiners.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived