Raw 22/10 discussion

d-d-d-dAz

That was a bit rubbish really, I really only payed attention to the WWE title bits.It's sad to see this isn't the first time Cena has been asked to play surrogate babyface for someone who can't talk. At this point I really can't see Ryback taking the title.This whole arc seems to be part of the Cena/Punk story and, in general, Ryback is shiiiiiiite.I was heartened to see a crowd seem not that arsed about him. It would be pretty amusing if the WWE took a massive gamble on him because he was over and then arenas all over the country sat on their hands.The end was good, though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What i didn't understand, is AJ had to resign due to 'fraternising' with the talent, yet was replaced by Vicki Guerrero, who's GM storylines are about her being biased toward which ever superstar she is 'shagging'.Ryback's powerbomb to Punk was good.

I was heartened to see a crowd seem not that arsed about him.

The crowd were shite all night. Typical smark crowd of cheer heel Punk because is he's well good and that, boo Cena because he only does 2 moves and is da shits lol, Chant Goldberg at Ryback because that will be hillarious and let's sit on our hands for the rest of the show because the attitude era was better despite paying money for the tickets.Show weren't great though :laugh: Ryback looked great at the end again, but thought they could have done more with him and the lumberjacks. I was imagining something slightly cheesy of heels trying to stop him and he bursts through them in dramatic people flying everywhere style. Would have been a good visual for the video packages etc.Not sure where the Cena/AJ stuff is going but I actually think AJ is good so don't mind her in another story.

The entire show seemed very disjointed and chopped, changed, sliced up, put together very last minute. I know Vince fired Gerwitz a week or two ago, have they got anyone else doing the lead writing role? The line Vince used concerning the Vickie/AJ situation during the segment backstage with Cena he said something to the effect of 'Managing Supervisor, its probably a temporary thing, I don't even know what it means'I know its a throwaway line but it probably was rooted in truth. Considering it was the final week before a PPV, the only thing they really sold very well was the tag title match in my book. Even then they fucked it up with some stupid game show thing that didn't even lead anywhere. A few laughs but did nothing of note.I was hoping Striker would have joined forces with Sandow/Rhodes, given his teacher background, he'd fit in well with him but when Big Show tossed him to the side it seemed like it wasn't happening. Still might, but it probably won't.Lumberjack match seemed really boring for most parts, considering the best bit was Big Show losing his rag at Cole after they hammered home the 45 seconds thing one more time, which makes me think Ziggler WILL cash in his MITB briefcase after Show beats Sheamus, only for Show to KO Ziggler in record time. Ziggler has lost Vickie it seems, his entrance was during a commercial, it could just happen.I might be in the minority here but I think a Heyman/Vickie couple would be amazing. Vickie gets enough heat from the crowd as it is, I could imagine them snogging the face of each other on live TV or a PPV to be immense, heat wise. It would make sense for Heyman to weasel some kind of power too.As far as Ryback/Punk goes? I see Lesnar getting involved somehow. I don't know if he's still under contract or if he's coming back but Lesnar being the one to end Ryback allowing Punk to win, being allies with Heyman only for a John Cena run in, would make for a very interesting showdown to end the PPV. Especially if they DO go with the traditional Survivor Series match, having a team with Punk, Big Show & Lesnar (All Heyman guys) against Cena, Ryback, Sheamus etc etc would be pretty epic.

Typical smark crowd of cheer heel Punk because is he's well good and that, boo Cena because he only does 2 moves and is da shits lol, Chant Goldberg at Ryback because that will be hillarious and let's sit on our hands for the rest of the show because the attitude era was better despite paying money for the tickets.

I've noticed this is a common trait on the UKFF. Why do people critisizing people who don't like John Cena often use text talk when mentioning their point of view? :confused:

Raw was weird. Most of it was either dull or odd, or both. Hell No were good. Lumberjack match wasn't much cop and a wasted opportunity to do something more exciting with Ryback.

Typical smark crowd of cheer heel Punk because is he's well good and that, boo Cena because he only does 2 moves and is da shits lol, Chant Goldberg at Ryback because that will be hillarious and let's sit on our hands for the rest of the show because the attitude era was better despite paying money for the tickets.

I've noticed this is a common trait on the UKFF. Why do people critisizing people who don't like John Cena often use text talk when mentioning their point of view? :confused:
To recreate the "I'm fifteen (and thus text a lot), I've just discovered wrestling websites and they tell me Cena sucks" vibe.Ultimately, it's just to mock the anti-Cena crowd, 100% of which is made up of morons and teenagers, two groups synonymous with txtspk.

Can't speak for anyone else but I do it to mimic Youtube comments and the like which is where you tend to find the most unsubstantiated opinions like the one I mentioned. EDIT - Plus what Pitcos said.

b/c Cena rulez now yano. Punk sux now.

Cena has always ruled and I think Punk is great. I'd still boo him if I was in the crowd and was acting the heel though.

• Paid Members

Shame he looked like a complete spenk with that tash and Shane Douglas t-shirt on. The main event was absolutely dull as fuck as well. Sheamus vs CM Punk was like a Nitro main event where they'd have Syxx vs Rick Steiner. Yeah, they are stars, but where's the real stars? I'm not riding Punk as much as I was when he was a babyface, because he's been quite enjoyable since they put Heyman with him, but he was quite shite on this show.

Nothing to me suggested "it looks like Punk is winning". He escaped without Ryback hitting his finisher on him. Looked to be like they are teasing that Ryback is giving him the Shell Shock on Sunday. Jim Ross kept building up that "he's never been defeated. NEVER!" all night, which is either setting Ryback up for the big win or he's setting him up for failure. If its the latter they are daft cunts.

Shame he looked like a complete spenk with that tash and Shane Douglas t-shirt on. The main event was absolutely dull as fuck as well. Sheamus vs CM Punk was like a Nitro main event where they'd have Syxx vs Rick Steiner. Yeah, they are stars, but where's the real stars? I'm not riding Punk as much as I was when he was a babyface, because he's been quite enjoyable since they put Heyman with him, but he was quite shite on this show.Nothing to me suggested "it looks like Punk is winning". He escaped without Ryback hitting his finisher on him. Looked to be like they are teasing that Ryback is giving him the Shell Shock on Sunday. Jim Ross kept building up that "he's never been defeated. NEVER!" all night, which is either setting Ryback up for the big win or he's setting him up for failure. If its the latter they are daft cunts.

He hit it on him last week so not much of a tease.

• Paid Members

He hit it on him last week so not much of a tease.

Last week wasn't the go home show. Last night was. Punk escaping the Shell Shock this week seems the typical set up for building anticipation for those thinking about purchasing the event. If he hit him with it this week, they could have went off the air with Ryback standing over him with JR yelling "will we have a new champion this Sunday". But instead Punk ran off scared. What they do on the go home show in cases like this is far more important than what they do in the weeks prior.Anyway, whatever happens now means fuck all anyway usually. They probably wont decide until the weekend of.

One of the dullest efforts in ages. The game show spot seemed destined for utter failure but Hell No save the day yet again by being very funny. Bryan vs Ziggler was the match of the night for me. The crowd were awful. More smarks than usual for a Raw, but they appeared to be the only people remotely interested in proceedings. AJ's farewell speech went on too long. Vickie's voice makes me want to temporarily resign from hearing. Heyman was excellent, sucking up to Vince and then Vickie was nicely done. My overall feeling after the show was that I hugely glad not to be faced with forking out for HIAC.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know what they are going to do yet. But there is certainly the sense that it won't be as simple as Ryback wins or Punk wins, nice and clean. Heymans comments to Punk after the Ryback vignette, Heyman looking to be GM, Vickie being inserted as authority make me think there could be shenanigans and they're leaving it open for there to be, whatever they decide to do and whenever they decide it. There's a world of ways it could go.Edit- Hell in the Cell is on sky sports isn't it?Ziggler/Bryan was a cracking match. They are tremendous in there together.

Archived