Laptop Advice

SpursRiot2012

My computer died a few weeks back I ended up getting one of these http://direct.asda.com/Dell-M5040-15.6ins-...default,pd.html. I'm not a big gamer but it works no problems on Sims 3 which is pretty graphic heavy, and more importantly Football Manager works perfectly. Its out of stock online but I went to the big store near here and bought one off the shelves so might be worth a shot.

The one I currently have at home is busted up pretty bad. The screen is completely destroyed and about 40% of the buttons don't work on the keyboard. In addition, the Windows install in virus ridden, and it's the kind of virus that will likely require a complete reformat. Also, a new one would allow my girlfriend to do her college work that she currently does on some peice of shit 12 year old Dell that is just so SLOOOOOOOOOW.I've mainly been using my work computer (as I am at the moment).

Ah, I see. Shit man, that's no good. Was just wondering if it was something fixable, as we have plenty of PC experts on this forum. I'm sure that Khemical knows his technical stuff, and I'm not sure but I think Ocpw (possibly?) knows a thing or two.PC's ain't cheap, that's for sure. That link from Diamond Dust looks pretty decent though.

• Paid Members

and I'm not sure but I think Ocpw (possibly?) knows a thing or two.

Unless there is a user with that actual name, I'm afraid you're mistaken. I know fuck all aside from what I've had to learn out of necessity when stuff's broken.

• Paid Members

^^ One that I bought a fortnight ago didn't have a disk drive, Arch. I thought something must be wrong when I was told. It turns out that disk drives must be on the way out, which makes sense considering the once-massive 4.5GB they hold is chickenfeed compared to flash drives today. You can buy USB disk drives for under a tenner if you really like the laptop but need to use disks though.

Archived