William Regal - Audience With A Wrestling Villain.

Chris Brooker

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If it wasn't for being skint saving to go away for Christmas and New Year, I'd have been all over this. Especially because the venue is only a bus ride away from me.

Should be a great night, Regal has always been a naturally funny bloke without seeming to even try a lot of the time. Have fun whoever's going.

• Paid Members
Thirty minute sell out. No doubt that the demand is there. Just have to make sure we show Mr Regal a good time.

Also, bit of trivia, if we run a tour next year it'll be his 30th year in the business by my reckoning.

What time will his act be finishing, Chris? The car's had to go to the garage and we need to catch the last train home, so if we're not going to see Regal's act I might as well see about giving away the tickets.

Just wanted to say thanks for a top night Chris.

Although I'm sure everyone involved has massive amounts of fun, I'm sure there is also lots of hard work involved.

I'm hoping tonight will be deemed a success by all involved and we will see a lengthier tour shortly =)

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it. I had an incredible time, both onstage and off. A truly superb showing by Mr Regal. Will probably write more when I stop buzzing.

I also got to say 'Davey Richards would probably have jizzed in her eye without asking...' in front of Jim Ross. I may not get that WWE writing job now...

• Paid Members

That was an excellent showing by all involved, especially because it was clear how much Chris, Jim and Billy were buzzing in being able to do a set based on nothing but wrestling jokes. Chris's and Billy's t-shirts went down nearly as the main guest, who did well in these new comedy waters. I loved his story about Big Daddy 'tip-toeing' downstairs to scoff his wife's strawberry flan and his declining to mention Russo by name but instead referring to 'one of the writers at the time' and a subtle wanker hand gesture whenever he needed to refer to him.

We were sorry that we had to sneak out 30 minutes into his set but the odds of the car's electronics tapping out next time are, I think, slight enough that we won't be at the mercy of Cross Country Trains and will be able to see a whole set next time, because we'd definitely go back. Thanks for organising it, Chris.

Archived