WWE at their most offensive

guyincognito

All good stuff though I can't help but feel we're missing out on some good old fashioned racism. Any suggestions? There must be plenty of examples of offensive stereotypes over the years

I found the creation of a French heel tag team specifically because the French had the temerity to be completely right about Iraq pretty offensive.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All good stuff though I can't help but feel we're missing out on some good old fashioned racism. Any suggestions? There must be plenty of examples of offensive stereotypes over the years

I found the creation of a French heel tag team specifically because the French had the temerity to be completely right about Iraq pretty offensive.

Ah yeah just reminded me of that and of course who can forget Batista anally violating one of them with a flag pole!

• Awards Moderator
What was offensive about Big Show covered in poo?

Good point Chest, I'm not only looking for offensive but also just plain gross like Darren 'Puke' Drozdov and the various bolidy function type unpleasantness

Like Tommy Dreamer's 'I'll eat anything' gimmick he had for a bit in 2002...

• Paid Members
The Terri Runnells fake preganancy/Misarriage angle was simply horrible on so many levels and for me by far the worst.

People say do not watch wrestling if you are easy offended, i am not easy offended but that bad.

Sounds like you are easily offended.

I found Ken Kennedys constant pushes highly offensive.

This one always stick out in my mind in regards to La Resistance:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bH2N3jAvYD0

Also THIS was very uncomfortable viewing when I had my annual Royal Rumble drinking game:

All the western wrestlers heroicly eliminate the evil Muslim wrestler:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT32JLIQq_M

I don't mind racism in tv shows if done right, but when one of your main good guys is being racist, you are effectively condoning it. In my mind it's okay having a villain be racist, because your effectively showing that it is inherently wrong. E.g. I remember the build to Booker T vs Triple H had "implied" racist overtones, but because Triple H was a douchebag with a superiority complex, that makes sense.

However when you have a guy automatically be a heel because hes "a little off white", or a good guy uses a racist / homophobic / prejudice stance, it puts a bad taste in his mouth.

Personally, just ONCE, I'd love to see a story line in which a someone who is stereotyped against (e.g. A homosexual, or a Muslim) over comes the prejudice of a heel and comes out victorious.

Fuck off, they've had at least ninety matches on Raw and definitely more PPV than that WrestleMania. And in a million tags and three/four ways as well. I distinctly remember them announcing their match for a Night of Champions at one point and thinking "Fucksake, again?" WWE really picked up when Sheamus came along. The PPV the month before he won his first belt was Cena and Triple H in a three way again, that time with Shawn Michaels. HHH-Cena is not as bad as Orton-Cena, but I'm definitely tarring it with the same brush. I fucking hated the Raw main events for absolutely ages.

• Paid Members
The PPV the month before he won his first belt was Cena and Triple H in a three way again, that time with Shawn Michaels.

Wasn't that the PPV that did so bad they announced the following years November PPV with a different name that "Survivor Series", because they thought they'd murdered the Survivor Series PPV. That late 2009 period might have been my least favourite time watching WWE ever. I just remember late 2009 being horrendous.

Actually 2009 was a pretty terrible year in general.

Archived