'Alternative' Artwork...

John Matrix

• Paid Members

As mentioned in the artwork thread, i have a bit of a soft spot for 'alternative' artwork and with the endorsement of one of the forum's finest, i thought i'd go ahead and start a thread to share you're favourites, or any that interest or amuse you in general.

I just find the whole thing fascinating, are they done for an alternative market and tailored to the expectations of that area, was it just deemed not good enough. Anyway, i cant get enough of it.

I already started with the Robocop images in the other thread, but i found this great portugese Running Man poster yesterday which fits in with that airbrused drawn 80's action movie style.

30555041.jpg

Also on The Running Man front, i've always been fond of this one.

Running_Man_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

Were the leather studded shoulder pads the original concept? Or someone just thought they looked great. Either way, i'm really intrigued by it.

Will post more when i have time, in the meantime - get stuck in.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Those are superb.

I love these two fanmade videos:-

- I can just picture them making a video, if they could be arsed, exactly like this for this track. Bloody superb.

- whether or not you like Lost In Translation, this is a great piece of work on almost every level.

• Paid Members
Were the leather studded shoulder pads the original concept? Or someone just thought they looked great. Either way, i'm really intrigued by it.

It looks as though they've lifted some key elements off another poster. I thought it was Rollerball at first, but I've just Googled it and it's not. Looks awfully familiar.

I've not seen Running Man for a good few years, but did he really have an M41A pulse rifle in it?

Agreed, I'm going to hunt down that Assault On Precinct 13 one now.

What the fuck is with that Trainspotting one, though?!

God knows, the polish have produced some weird film posters over the years

A few more Polish

2dkmp9v.jpg

2qjbq6u.jpg

2vtr75x.jpg

2pto6iv.jpg

See if you can guess all them

Love this Love Exposure poster

4lhr3c.jpg

and Hobo With a Shotgun

zwkbjk.jpg

• Paid Members

It looks as though they've lifted some key elements off another poster. I thought it was Rollerball at first, but I've just Googled it and it's not. Looks awfully familiar.

I've not seen Running Man for a good few years, but did he really have an M41A pulse rifle in it?

I'm disspointed, was sure when i saw you'd posted that i'd come in here to some beautiful HK action cinema stuff! :-)

I dont know the specifics of weaponry, but he certainly has something similar to that at the point they are hijacking the network although by then he's dressed in a rather fetching maroon t-shirt / navy blue body warmer combo, not a sleeveless version of his Running Man tracksuit.

• Paid Members

The Assault On Precinct 13 poster isnt an original its one of the special commissions made for the Alamo Drafthouse theater in Texas and they are all stunning. They have a lot of different artists make them but that one is by I think the same guy has since gone on to do the cover art for Sleeping Dogs the computer game.

That particular one is done by Tyler Stout Lost Boys and Warriors posters are two of my favorites and they cost a bomb because they are only released in limited print runs.

1494-warriors_09.jpg

warriors2_stout_web.jpg

Robocop%20by%20Tyler%20Stout%20(Mondo).jpg

I would kill for this one

thething_final.jpg

Original prints are going for about $3,000 now

Olly Moss has done a fair few for them as well. Hes been around a while but gained some fame with his own section in Empire magazine. This one is a particular favorite

RoboCop-RR-10.png

As far as originals go I love how child like this Polish poster for Westworld is

1104.jpg

Oh and Ive mentioned it in the other thread but I love these unused concepts for Back To The Future

2375155554_d750fb9d17_o.jpg

Archived