Snoring

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

So does anybody here snore or do they have a partner who snores? What did you do to combat it? I am terrible snorer. I have tried throat sprays which seemed to reduce it a little, nasal sprays which did nothing and also nasal strips which did nothing.

I am aware that lifestyle also has a lot to do with it and I am a smoker, so obviously that's something to look at, but is there anything immediate that you guys could recommend? I feel really bad. My girlfriend in the middle of the night last night was just like, "ohhh I just want to sleep :(" Poor thing.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't say that lifestyle is the only thing that causes it. I'm fairly fit (running, cycling), don't smoke, hardly drink, but I snore down the house supposedly. Probably more genetics IMO. If you're folks snored, then you'll probably too.

• Paid Members

How bout some ear plugs? I'm quite a light sleeper so I got some a few years back and they are great. Takes a little getting used to but they're excellent for blocking out noise. I find the only thing I can hear is my own breathing which is so relaxing, I'm usually out cold within a few minutes. Give them a try.

eBay

• Paid Members

I have to reiterate Chest's recommendations. Strange that you are snoring whilst sleeping on your front though. Normally you find snoring is due to your jaw dropping and the skin on the back of your throat rattling whilst sleeping on your back.

There are various reasons but being over weight definitely doesn't help. I have sinus problems anyway but find sleeping on my front helps.

There is one piece of equipment that will help, but it scares me personally. It's like a mouth card that ultimately keeps your mouth shut (hence making snoring near impossible). My worry about these is that it relies on you to breathe through your nose rather than your mouth.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stop-snoring-Sleep...0110&sr=8-4

So does anybody here snore or do they have a partner who snores? What did you do to combat it? I am terrible snorer. I have tried throat sprays which seemed to reduce it a little, nasal sprays which did nothing and also nasal strips which did nothing.

I am aware that lifestyle also has a lot to do with it and I am a smoker, so obviously that's something to look at, but is there anything immediate that you guys could recommend? I feel really bad. My girlfriend in the middle of the night last night was just like, "ohhh I just want to sleep :(" Poor thing.

Have you tried taking drugs and posting a load of tedious bollocks on a wrestling forum?

• Paid Members

I am aware that lifestyle also has a lot to do with it and I am a smoker, so obviously that's something to look at, but is there anything immediate that you guys could recommend? I feel really bad. My girlfriend in the middle of the night last night was just like, "ohhh I just want to sleep :( " Poor thing.

Have you tried taking drugs and posting a load of tedious bollocks on a wrestling forum?

How very current.

I snore whichever position I'm in, it seems. I'll take some of these suggestions on board. I just bought some special pillow that is supposed to help.

• Moderators

So does anybody here snore or do they have a partner who snores? What did you do to combat it? I am terrible snorer. I have tried throat sprays which seemed to reduce it a little, nasal sprays which did nothing and also nasal strips which did nothing.I am aware that lifestyle also has a lot to do with it and I am a smoker, so obviously that's something to look at, but is there anything immediate that you guys could recommend? I feel really bad. My girlfriend in the middle of the night last night was just like, "ohhh I just want to sleep :(" Poor thing.

2 weeks mate. 2 weeks.

• 2 months later...

I'm at my wits end regarding my neighbours snoring. It's not totally her fault as there is absolutely no noise insulation in these horrid fifties flats. I got woken up the other day wth her on the phone saying "I didn't get into Downton Abbey at first, but i've watched six episodes in the last few days and really enjoy it." It's ridiculous. She's Australian and has another Aussie stay with her every few months who sleeps in her living room and also snores. The whole house sounds lke a broken fridge when she's staying. A constant wall of noise. I'm also paranoid that she mght hear me masturbating to Babestation. I don't think my local authority will stump up for insulation in these auster times.

My bro's missus snored like the house would fall down, that was something to do with glands, had an op, and seems to be fine. So if it's not just weight lifestyle etc then there is that option.

Failing that, stuff like no milk or dairy leading up to bed (as increase mucus and snot and stuff), ear plugs as already mentioned and, sleeping in a different position all can help.

Ear Plugs are great if you dont need an alarm or do induce a lil bit of panic that you will over sleep.

But other than that there isnt much to do I dont think, given on what you have tried

Yeah, jogging really improves your lung capacity and has cured 90% of my snoring. My breath is so much better now in general because of regular exercise.

Archived