Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure this is quite on topic but my Grandad passed recently and while going through a box of old photos found this one of him that I never knew existed and it couldn't have made me any happier.

Rick Rude blasting Ultimate Warrior with a massive piledriver at a WWE house show. Heenan at ringside and a young Shane McMahon as referee. 

Posted Images

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months  and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum 

Edited by simonworden
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, simonworden said:

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing.

I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, simonworden said:

Stopped laughing at Abe's comment on the photo enough to realise this must have been taken at a very specific window of time from when Bret won the belt but before Bulldog and Warrior were gone. Could only be a few weeks I'm guessing. Think then as well Savage goes into forced semi-retirement almost immediately in 1993, Flair leaves and Hogan has 3 matches left, the roster really nosedived in a few months  and all we have to prop up the roster is Yoko and Lex while the Kliq get some momentum 

Yes, I'm almost certain it was taken in mid to late October 1992. Savage and Warrior maybe once, perhaps twice, as the Ultimate Maniacs so there's no reason for them to be wearing the custom gear aside from promotional stuff like this.Bret as you mention would have won the title from Flair at this point. I suspect Davey Boy Smith doesn't have the IC belt in this picture because he has either lost it to Michaels by then, or it was made apparent that he would lose it by the time the photos would be used so was told not to wear it. Undertaker was injured around this time but still doing vignettes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, Statto said:

 It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Statto said:

I wanna say it's a photo from the shoot for the Slam Jam single, possibly the intended cover/fold out poster. It's always stuck in my head that Savage was in the short-lived Ultimate Maniacs gear on the actual cover/poster despite any Warrior involvement being scrubbed before it came out.

It would blow my mind if their is a cut of Slam Jam with Ultimate Warrior on it. I've always thought about that when I see this photo. I know they cut out both of Bulldog's "verses" completely from the airing of the music video at one point too and that version is on YouTube. Infact there was no in studio booth scenes of Davey like there was of the other 3 in the original video so I'm assuming they did film Davey but wanted to use minimal Davey footage and maybe scrapped Warrior altogether?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I was always gutted that never went anywhere. The logo alone was awesome.

I've always found it fascinating they went with "Maniacs" (as in Hulka-) and put them in red & yellow.

"Ultimate Madness" kind of works but they went down a more obviously Hogan route.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...