The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

In all fairness Richie, why would a large amount of wrestling fans know who Steve Corino is? He was in ECW when it was dead shit so it was totally unwatchable and had Tom Marquez, and then from there he just fannied around in indies. I think his only WWF appearance was teaming with Julio Dinero on Shotgun Challenge or something doing the job in around 1998.

If you've been following wrestling as long as Pitcos seems to have, you'll know who Corino is. Whether it be a related link, news story, his time in ECW, articles, his shows in the UK and Japan or EWR, you'll have come across him (oo-er!). Some of the more casual fans I know know who he is.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members
In all fairness Richie, why would a large amount of wrestling fans know who Steve Corino is? He was in ECW when it was dead shit so it was totally unwatchable and had Tom Marquez, and then from there he just fannied around in indies. I think his only WWF appearance was teaming with Julio Dinero on Shotgun Challenge or something doing the job in around 1998.

If you've been following wrestling as long as Pitcos seems to have, you'll know who Corino is.

Bollocks.

• Paid Members

That's the thing - it's not about how long, but about what you've been watching. I'm pretty sure Pitcos wasn't a smark for long if he ever was one, and outside of a brief period in ECW, I don't think Corino's ever wrestled for a mainstream promotion for any meaningful or memorable length of time. Unless you watched very early TNA (I think), ROH, MLW or any puro or BritWres, I'm not sure how else you'd have seen him.

• Paid Members
If you've been following wrestling as long as Pitcos seems to have, you'll know who Corino is. Whether it be a related link, news story, his time in ECW, articles, his shows in the UK and Japan or EWR, you'll have come across him (oo-er!). Some of the more casual fans I know know who he is.

That'd a bit of a daft thing to say in fairness. Just because someone has been watching wrestling a long time, doesn't mean that they know every bloody wrestler on the planet. I wouldn't know who Steve Corino is if i hadn't been to 1PW. Ive been watching wrestling since the early 90's and haven't heard of the majority of people on that PWI 500 list.

EDIT: Carbomb said it better.

Edited by Nick James

• Moderators
That's the thing - it's not about how long, but about what you've been watching. I'm pretty sure Pitcos wasn't a smark for long if he ever was one, and outside of a brief period in ECW, I don't think Corino's ever wrestled for a mainstream promotion for any meaningful or memorable length of time. Unless you watched very early TNA (I think), ROH, MLW or any puro or BritWres, I'm not sure how else you'd have seen him.

Yeah, he was only in TNA for about 3 weeks as well. I suppose you could call him a bit of a journeyman. The Ade Akinbiyi of wrestling.

• Paid Members

Precisely. Pitcos watches WWE. I don't think he's ever watched ROH or ECW or any of the other indies that Corino would have been on. So it's not at all unrealistic he would never have heard of him.

Of course, Sphinx is a moron, though (and also hates the blacks, don't forget), so it's hardly surprising he would come to his stupid conclusion.

• Paid Members
If you've been following wrestling as long as Pitcos seems to have, you'll know who Corino is.

Nah.

There is a line between watching wrestling and coming here to talk about it, and being a fully-signed up dork that follows BritWres, China, Shimmer and a world of other stuff you would never see without looking for it through tinternet. My mates who are casuals have been watching wrestling since the first wave of Hulkamania, and still watch wrestling. But they wouldnt dream of watching anything other than "the big time." None of them would know who Steve Corino is, half of them don't even know who Kazarian is. For every one of us that is a "wrestling fan" you've probably got ten that only watching the nationally televised stuff because it's all that's worth watching. I'm the former, Pity is the latter (and sometimes I envy that simplicity), and without a shadow of doubt, Steve Corino has never contributed to anything mainstream. In the big scheme of things he's nobody.

EDIT - everyone else seems to have articulated it better while I was typing.

The one half-decent big guy they had didn't last long there- Hernandez. Probably because he made Low-ki look like an imp.

In fairness "Hotstuff" was a bit of a clumsy oaf in ROH, he's come a long way in TNA.

Edited by air_raid

Back on topic....

1z54xlk.jpg

29uorp0.jpg

Necro meets Fujiwara

av05za.jpg

2q3w4cl.jpg

Lawler being Lawler

2exvrjq.jpg

Hansen and Hogan: Sex Tape coming soon

104lpgj.jpg

Tenryu and Awesome Kong

2mee0p3.jpg

Giant Baba attends Mitsuharu Misawa's Wedding

w2wep.jpg

The Four Corners of Heaven: Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada, Kenta Kobashi and Akira Taue

2z74npz.jpg

Jun Kasai has a problem.

2q0qfkp.jpg

another funeral pic, La Parka (not the WCW one) attends Antonio Pena's (Owner, Founder, Booker of AAA) funeral in 2007

1pxuvr.jpg

I never watch ECW and couldn't have told you for certain he was in MLW, but ECW were big enough that a lot of wrestling fans would know he was there even if they didn't watch it. Not saying everyone would, far from it, but a self proclaimed former Dem Wan might.

And aside from that, going on the UK Fan Forum, there's a big chance of seeing the name pop up in threads or sigs as he was a big figure in 1PW and does shows around the country. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get the impression his knowledge is restricted to just WWE. My mate only watches WWE but found a news report on Pac allegedly joining WWE and went on to find out about him through the article and YouTube. I found out names through Powerslam when I was younger. I think you'd need to be an occasional poster/not on a wrestling forum to not have come across his name if you've been following wrestling for 10+ years.

• Paid Members

Are you still going on about this? I've rarely seen Pitcos post in anything other than WWE threads, so he wouldn't necessarily have been exposed to the name at all. He likes WWE. He doesn't watch or read about any other wrestling. I don't understand why you are finding this all so unbelievable. You're a truly terrible poster.