The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'm sure it was either Sabu or Sandman who said the biggest single paycheck they ever got was for appearing in one of the WWE games.

It was Sabu and he got shitloads but I remember them changing it at some point so they stopped getting such mental payoffs for appearing in the games a few years ago. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Dn2BNAUWkAAmrjz.jpg

Poster for the ill-fated 'WrestleXpress' event.
Just LOOK at Jonny Storm - what the fuck!?

FWIW - that's a poster for the WrestleXpress that actually happened, run by Scott Conway.

• Paid Members

Interesting thing on that picture is that it confirms Scott Conway (having stepped in after Ryan Hewson fell apart) was planning on running that lineup in the Skydome before the change, backing up his story that the venue put too many conditions on him and that's why he moved.

• Paid Members

I'd wager that was pretty much a template poster Conway was using at the time that got tweaked a bit for this show. I think Quake, Horace & Tiger Steele were all touring with TWA at the time, with only Corino & Sandman added specially for WrestleXpress.

And yes, Corino's match with Sandman was announced as an NWA title match, and he was carrying a belt (which I held at the gimmick table) but this was a week after they did (what I assume now to be) that worked-shoot 'unable to continue' finish against Hashimoto at the NWA Anniversary show.

The way I recall it, at the time of WrestleXpress the following week there remained controversy (probably deliberately on the NWA's part) about whether Corino remained champion, it wasn't a case of Conway going "fuck it, who's gonna know?"