The vegetarian thread

HWM

I've slowly been cutting out meat from my diet and am now down to mostly chicken and fish. I'm thinking about trying to go vegetarian for a while but need a bit of inspiration as far as recipes etc. Also, I do a bit of gym work etc so not sure if the lower amount of protein is going to affect me? I was watching the CM Punk DVD earlier and see he is now vegetarian and doesn't look too bad for it!Any veggies in these parts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Wasn't it the veganism they'd given up, Butch? It'd be big change if they jumped straight into a hog roast instead of just starting with dairy and whatnot.

I think you're right, actually. All the same to me mind. I can't imagine a life without super duper meat.

You need to look at meals like it's a film. "Tea, starring beef. Co-starring spuds, additional appearance by gravy and peas."The meat is the cornerstone of any top meal. Don't see how people can't get it on.

And meanwhile at the Guildford ArthouseSupper - Starring risotto and lentils.

• Paid Members

My missus has been veggie most of her life, and is a brilliant cook, so I'll probably end up going veggie by default when we move in together. I'm not fussed either way, meat on every meal isn't really necessary unless you're trying to bulk up. I love a good steak now and then but I'm not a huge guy, so I don't need too much of it.

I generally prefer Quorn to meat. Too expensive for me to go with it full-time though.

A lot of the supermarkets' own brand stuff is fairly decent nowdays, and a bit cheaper than Quorn. Asda and Morrisons have some nice stuff.

Vegetarianism really isn't that difficult. The only time I find it hard is when it comes to sweets and desserts, the bastards sneak gelatine in to bloody everything

Vegetarianism is a lot more palatable if you're Indian though.How many stuffed peppers and goat cheese tarts can a motherfucker eat?

Both of these are pet peeves of mine that pop up with infuriating regularity. Fortunately Leicester's massive Indian population means there are tons of decent veggie places about, and not all of them are Indian food either. The desserts thing is a real bastard though. Rolo puddings aren't veggie! In 2012! It's embarrassing.

Archived