PWI 500 Full List

SSJLogan

I bought the 500 Issue of the magazine from 1995 to 2000, always knowing it was pretty ridiculous how the lists were compiled. But I used to like reading write-ups on wrestlers I had never seen, especially the lengthy reports on the wrestlers in the top 10 each year.

One thing I regularly noticed were the differences in postions between tag partners who had worked very few, if any, singles matches.

Like this year: The Young Bucks had an OK year, so much so that Matt Jackson is placed 172. But then Nick Jackson was only ranked 178 with 3 Mexicans, Just Joe, & KENTA inbetween! :confused:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They've already issued confirmation that the listing for Tenzan is meant to be Tanahashi and there was a fuckup somewhere between the "committee" coming up with the rankings and the research guy checking Wikipedia to write the entry.

They've already issued confirmation that the listing for Tenzan is meant to be Tanahashi and there was a fuckup somewhere between the "committee" coming up with the rankings and the research guy checking Wikipedia to write the entry.

Ok, thats fair enough. Still though, for a magazine sold all over the world it wouldn't hurt them to get a proof reader.

• Paid Members

Every year, I play a little game with myself where I pick out the highest-ranked wrestler I'm 100% sure I've never heard of, and the lowest-ranked I'm 100% sure I have.This year, it's 120.La Sombra & 493.The Maestro.Thus, I believe myself to be among the last people on Earth to gain some use/benefit from the production of this list.

• Paid Members

British wrestling gets no exposure in the PWI, last time I recall a british wrestler (besides PAC) getting into the 500 was Martin Stone in 2010 at #182.

A load of Hammerlock guys got in one year. This was largely because Hammerlock sent in a load of details of the guys.

British wrestling gets no exposure in the PWI, last time I recall a british wrestler (besides PAC) getting into the 500 was Martin Stone in 2010 at #182.

A load of Hammerlock guys got in one year. This was largely because Hammerlock sent in a load of details of the guys.
478Majik.jpg

Archived