Highspots looking for donations to fund Dynamite Kid documentary

Senshi

• Paid Members

Aye, it was mentioned elsewhere but I suppose that it actually might merit a thread, so I'll paste what I posted yesterday.

Highspots are looking at distributing a documentary as a follow-up to their recent shoot interview with Dynamite Kid. They're raising money for it on Kickstarter.

I've pledged $39, which gets me not only a copy of the DVD but also a copy of Pure Dynamite. I've already got a first edition but looking at the prices that it goes for on eBay I think I could make a chunk of change. $29 gets you the DVD if you just wanted that. That means the book is $10, which is far less than you would have to pay if you were looking to buy someone else's copy.

Kickstarter.

They could do with some help with the subtitling since that impenetrable Lancashire accent causes some errors (recording "I told the bitch off" in place of "I told 'er 'piss off'" and whatnot but otherwise I think it could be a cracking project.

A proper documentary on Dynamite would be fantastic - but this doesn't look to be it. If all the interview is the same as the clip shown - then it will become very boring - the interviewer telling the whole story while Dynamite just nods, says yes and no. Also if you are going to sink that money into a project at least make it aesthetically pleasing - don't place the subject in the middle of frame, shoot it in front of a more interesting background and get some freaking lights.

• Paid Members

A proper documentary on Dynamite would be fantastic - but this doesn't look to be it. If all the interview is the same as the clip shown - then it will become very boring - the interviewer telling the whole story while Dynamite just nods, says yes and no.

I don't know whether they'll re-shoot any footage with Dynamite, but they're a little more ambitious than simply putting out an elongated version of their current shoot:

One of the challenges will be that we're attempting to interview several dozen wrestlers for this project and we're always at risk to their interest and availability.One trip we'd like to make is to travel to Calgary and arranging that trip where it works will all the candidates involved may not go according to plan.

• Paid Members

Dynamite can't travel to Calgary, correct?

I have no idea but I didn't imagine that they intended to ferry him over there. I read into that statement that they would like to go to Calgary to speak to the "several dozen wrestlers" who knew him from his early days in the region.

Archived