Punk V Austin @ Mania

Jason Mayhem

• Paid Members
Jeff Hardy's contract is up in February. CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy isn't out of the question there. Actually seems like the perfect bargaining tool to get Jeff Hardy back. Its a ready made feud considering it was Punk who got rid of him the last time we saw him onscreen. They have great chemistry as well. And for a big match at WrestleMania (and the international tour following it), Hardy might make more that month than all year in TNA.

I'd be all for that. The CM Punk-Jeff Hardy feud was arguably the best that Punk has been in his entire WWE career.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially if you are 48 and have this idea that you never want to go out with people thinking you are completely past it. It makes no sense this year anyway. WrestleMania 30 is the absolutely perfect time if he ever returns. The 30th WrestleMania is a big deal.

Yep. Plus Mania is utterly stacked this year if Taker comes back.

• Paid Members

WrestleMania has always been about rematches though. Hogan vs Andre, Bret vs Yoko, Austin vs Rock, Undertaker vs Kane, Cena vs Triple H was going to happen until HHH tore his quad, Michaels vs Taker, Triple H vs Undertaker. Rock vs Cena seems a dead cert to do huge business.

But would Hardy go back when he doesnt want a full time schedule?

He doesn't need one. It works for all parties if he pops up like Jericho does. You'd think the last thing he would need is to go on the road again.

• Paid Members
WrestleMania has always been about rematches though. Hogan vs Andre, Bret vs Yoko, Austin vs Rock, Undertaker vs Kane, Cena vs Triple H was going to happen until HHH tore his quad, Michaels vs Taker, Triple H vs Undertaker. Rock vs Cena seems a dead cert to do huge business.

I see your point but I don't think anyone gives a shit about a Triple H vs. Brock rematch. Surely it's common sense to do Undertaker vs. Brock if possible. That's the money match.

Wrestlemania 30 has gotta' have Undertaker vs. John Cena as the main event in my opinion. That match needs to happen while it still can.

I would much prefer Brock vs Taker than HHH vs Taker. But if Hardy didn't resign then id be happy with Taker vs Cena and Punk vs Rock (although Punk vs Rock may happen at Rumble)

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm not to fussed about Lesnar vs Triple H again, but you know what WWE are like. There's always time to change that.

I wonder if Undertaker is wrestling this year? Imagine if he was off TV for two years and suddenly popped up around WrestleMania 30 time to challenge John Cena? That would be pretty huge.

Wasn't there a rumour a couple months ago where Taker said he wasn't doing next years Mania? I think it would be a nice break to see how buys are without him on the show. Then like you said Ian it would make his return the year after a massive thing.

Hunter-Brock II is going to stink up the place - no one cares. Taker-Brock is surely the one they should be going for but maybe they're going to wait on that one especially if Taker's missing 29 (which would be a good thing I think).

Punk does seem to be sowing the seeds for the Austin match but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It could be done at 30 but you never know what will happen with Punk between now and then. He's super hot at the minute and 29 would be the time to do it if Austin is healthy by April.

Archived