Punk V Austin @ Mania

Jason Mayhem

Not much more to say. I'd love to see it, and I think i remember seeing previously that Austin said he would be potentially interested in working with Punk and that he would be the perfect match up for him, straight edge v the beer drinker etc, and given that Punk is likely to be out of the title picture come mania, perhaps rewarding the companies top heel with a real high profile match could be a nice way to thank him for his work over the past year 18 months.

So any evidence to suggest it could happen? What is the likelihood?

Your thoughts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at the next one no. No need for it when The Rock is around, plus I would suggest Austin needs more time to get completely into shape.

Isn't there talk of maybe doing WM30 in texas? So perhaps that could work, would punk still be working heel at the time though?

I think 30 will be headlined by takers retirement personally.

thats assuming that they dont hold it at Madison Square Garden (10 and 20 being held there). Saying that, I'd be suprised if they held Wrestlemania in the New York area twice in a row, but it could well happen, depends if they want to stick to milestone events been at the venue or if they want to try and pack out a stadium.

If they were to hold it in Texas, would that be at Cowboy Stadium in Dallas?

As for the match itself, I'd be suprised if it ever does happen. Either way it won't be at WM29

Not at the next one no. No need for it when The Rock is around, plus I would suggest Austin needs more time to get completely into shape.

From videos, pictures and other things online, Austin looks in great shape. Appearance wise anyway. Time away from the ring doing so few bumps might have helped his neck heal a lot, enough to do one more match but I don't see it happening.

• Paid Members
Isn't there talk of maybe doing WM30 in texas? So perhaps that could work, would punk still be working heel at the time though?

You don't think they might programme him as a heel leading up to the event if they knew he'd be facing Austin? It's not quite the same thing as "If they go in an open-air arena can they be sure it won't rain?", is it?

• Paid Members
In a way I'm kind of glad this isn't supposed be happening at 29 seeing as I'm planning on attending 30.

The 3 money matches I see are this one, Taker-Brock and Cena-Rock II.

Apparently its looking more likely we'll be seeing Triple H Vs Brock II, And maybe Taker Vs Ryback, and that's even if Taker is wrestling this year. I think Cena/Rock II is on the cards, with Rock as WWE champion.

As for Austin/Punk, we'd all love it of course and it has been very funny that Punk mentions him a lot, along with that recent WWE 13 interview thing they both had, but I doubt it will happen this year.

• Paid Members

Jeff Hardy's contract is up in February. CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy isn't out of the question there. Actually seems like the perfect bargaining tool to get Jeff Hardy back. Its a ready made feud considering it was Punk who got rid of him the last time we saw him onscreen. They have great chemistry as well. And for a big match at WrestleMania (and the international tour following it), Hardy might make more that month than all year in TNA.

• Paid Members

The way things are at the minute, if Austin does come back for one big pay day, then surely he fancies himself against Cena. For me, the clean cut "PG SUX"-era guy v the beer drinking Attitude-era bloke is more appealing (that's if they don't dilute the build by tweaking Cena's character every week, like The Rock feud) than the potential Punk/Austin storyline. It'll do monster business too.

• Paid Members
Jeff Hardy's contract is up in February. CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy isn't out of the question there. Actually seems like the perfect bargaining tool to get Jeff Hardy back. Its a ready made feud considering it was Punk who got rid of him the last time we saw him onscreen. They have great chemistry as well. And for a big match at WrestleMania (and the international tour following it), Hardy might make more that month than all year in TNA.

IIRC when the whole drug bust/TNA thing was going on, WWE still offered him a reduced schedule, and a lot of money.

Now hes clean, (again), he might be in a better position to negotiate with them. I know he's recently said he'd at least look at the offer, but apparently doesn't need the money. I hope if he does come back they leave Matt at home.

So any evidence to suggest it could happen? What is the likelihood?

He's already been ruled out of this years WrestleMania. The doctor gave him 8-10 months to recover from major knee surgery in July.

At this moment, it's not as definite as that, and there are a few games being played. Still, coming back from a full reconstruction in that time is going to require something pretty close to a miracle.

Archived