UFC 153: Silva vs Bonnar

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah Yamasaki was shite. I'm not really a fan of stand ups anyway unless there's absolutely nothing happening for a sustained length of time, but he was really taking the piss. I don't think you should ever stand a fight up if the guy on top is past full guard.

Yeah I was solely on about the striking style of Glover/Fabio. If you were to pick a striking style in the UFC to combat Glover, Fabio would be near the top of my list before Saturday.

Yeah that's a fair point. I'd like Machida to outstrike him as well but I'm not sure that fight will ever happen because they've trained together in the past. I think Jones would be the toughest fight for him style wise. He uses his reach well and he's hard to predict.

Hendo, Shogun and Rampage all have the capabilities to hurt Glover in my opinion. I'm not sure how them fights would go but I think they'd all be great fights.

Oh and while I'm here, here's a gif of Anderson vs Bonnar;

24x0wtv11.gif

Sorry...

ufc153_andersonsilva_dodge_walk.gif

Just watched the main event (will watch the rest tomorrow). I don't think he had any dis-respect for Bonnar's skill by staying on the cage, he just knew that he was that much better. He knows he could have finished that fight thre and then after dodging the kick. The way that Bonnar hit the deck after that knee was devastating.

I'd like to see him take more fights at 205lbs, thats surely where the big paydays are for him, but he seems quite happy to continue dominating at 185lbs. If hes not going to move upto 205lbs, its acse of people either dropping from LHW or moving up from Welterweight.

I'm just struggling to think of when/if he is going to be beaten again, its coming up 8 years now since the Ryo Chonnan loss. I know hes only a human-being and hes not indestructable, he can be beaten. Its just hard to see it happening

• Paid Members

Glover Teixeira thinks his fight was stopped too early...

"It was a great fight. I knew that Maldonado was a tough guy. I was even surprised it he had fallen there in the beginning of the round, but then I was also surprised he endured so much and continued fighting on the ground. But I knew it would be a tough fight, but he lasted this long. He's a guy I like, who I did not want to hurt either. I did not think the judges should have stopped it, it is difficult to say. I saw that he was hurt, a few times I saw the white of his eyes, but at all times he was fighting back, so he was not stopped."

EVIL bastard.

He's a guy I like, who I did not want to hurt either

I shudder to think what he'd have done to someone who he DID want to hurt.

Glover Teixeira thinks his fight was stopped too early...

"It was a great fight. I knew that Maldonado was a tough guy. I was even surprised it he had fallen there in the beginning of the round, but then I was also surprised he endured so much and continued fighting on the ground. But I knew it would be a tough fight, but he lasted this long. He's a guy I like, who I did not want to hurt either. I did not think the judges should have stopped it, it is difficult to say. I saw that he was hurt, a few times I saw the white of his eyes, but at all times he was fighting back, so he was not stopped."

Never leave it in the hands of the judges.Wait, what? :confused:

Archived