UFC 153: Silva vs Bonnar

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quite a lot actually like Mir. My girlfriend loves him for some reason as well although I'm pretty sure she's just saying that because I can't stand him. He's defo a Marmite one but like Marmite, I find him utterly repugnant. He's a great villain though, no-one in MMA gets me more excited to watch them get a twatting than Mir.

Knowing that now, UFC 140 was even worse for you. I'm not a Frank Mir fan, he comes across as arrogant and should slim down. However he's done well to come back from the motorbike accident and I really liked his World Extreme Cagefighting commentary.

JDS is the new Nog as well. He's like a big happy kid, but with cauliflower ears. Everyone loves him. How could you not? Look at him...

junior-dos-santos-with-koala-header.jpg

Ahhh.

The koala bear's nice as well.

EDIT- wrong bear.

Yeah I like Junior dos Santos. JDS is probably the only big name UFC Brazilian who hasn't fought for the UFC in Brazil, that will change ASAP.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If JDS beats Cain then maybe they do JDS vs Reem in Brazil? Would be huge. That could probably be a stadium show over there. Especially if they whacked on a co-headliner of Aldo vs Edgar.

My girlfriend likes Mir as well

The women love a bit of Mir.

330919kt_medium.jpg

Why, I don't know.

I can't stand Frank Mir, he's a total cock end.

He passibly attractive when he doesn't have the beer gut, that may be why your girlfriends like him, I struggle to overlook his twatiness.

On the subject of Big Nog, at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter fangirl, he's not just one of my favorite fighters, he's one of my favorite 'famous' people period, he just comes across as such a great guy, its impossible not to like him, I've never seen an interview or read anything about him which didn't make me think 'wow, what a guy'. I <3 Big Nog, he really is awesome. I get most upset when he loses

• Paid Members
JDS is the new Nog as well. He's like a big happy kid, but with cauliflower ears. Everyone loves him. How could you not? Look at him...

junior-dos-santos-with-koala-header.jpg

Ahhh.

After those most recent Prime Time specials where he brought that little boy with him to Las Vegas, I can't fathom anyone not considering Dos Santos as one of the nicest men in the world.

For the record, my girlfriend doesn't like Mir. She loves a bit of Dominic Cruise though.

Keeping with the theme of the last few posts, my wife has commented on Mir in the past saying he'd be quite nice looking without the ridiculous goatee.

She thinks Faber is good looking, but she's always been attracted to weird looking guys. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

All the women fancy Frank Mir. No wonder I don't like the tosser.

On the subject of facial hair, Faber is someone who would really benefit from growing a beard, a goatee, anything. It's hard to look menacing when you have a chin like an arse. If he got an adult's haircut and grew a beard he'd look like an actual grown man instead of a weird Home & Away teenage actor/Gay chatline ad hybrid.

AwbI17jCMAANIT0.jpg

It's hard to look menacing when you have a chin like an arse. If he got an adult's haircut and grew a beard he'd look like an actual grown man instead of a weird Home & Away teenage actor/Gay chatline ad hybrid.

Isn't whole surfer dude/home & away type his deal though?

• Paid Members
It's hard to look menacing when you have a chin like an arse. If he got an adult's haircut and grew a beard he'd look like an actual grown man instead of a weird Home & Away teenage actor/Gay chatline ad hybrid.

Isn't whole surfer dude/home & away type his deal though?

Yeah you're right. Still, he's 30 odd and I bet he still gets ID'd for a 16 rated film :)

I like Urijah but if I had a chin that looked like something George Michael would park his pork in, I'd ring Roy Nelson for some quality beard growing tips.

I can't wait to watch the Countdown. Between Bonnar's underdogness and Nog's return, the show really has a Rocky feel to it. Glover Teixeira fits the Clubber Lang role nicely as well. Glover Lang?

• Paid Members
Is it being shown on ESPN over here?

Yup. I have the main show and prelims already set on my Sky planner.

I'm really looking forward to the card, but I'm gutted as I haven't been paying too much attention to the build up. I need to pull my finger out with my MMA watching, I'm usually pretty upto date, but the last couple of weeks I've fallen off a lot. I have 5 episodes of TUF, plus the 153 countdown and pre hype videos to make my way through (hopefully) by Saturday. I ended up only skimming through the Brown/Big Foot show, too. Fifa 13 has taken over my life.

Archived