The BritWres talent agency game.

diamond_dust

Got this idea from a TEW conversation that drifted off topic but thought it could give some good answers and some unthought of international dream matches. The rules are:

You are an agent representing a number of British wrestlers and you're about to go on a business trip to the States.

You take 5 wrestlers.

The chosen wrestlers can be any home grown talent currently active on the UK scene (E.G. No retired or WWE contracted wrestlers)

You can take each wrestler to one company only and must give the booker an idea of how to use him and why he would be better off with him on the roster than without.

You can use no more than 2 wrestlers in one company.

Your ideas must be realistic. You can't pitch an idea to make one of yours wrestlers the top champion (although the midcard titles are acceptable).

You can try to get 2 wrestlers bookings in a company as a tag team even if they have never worked as one previously.

My picks:

Kris Travis and Joey Hayes to TNA. With the Machine Guns and Team 3D no longer working in the same company, Beer Money moved on to bigger things and the tag titles held and contended by makeshift teams theres room for a real tag team there and while we know Travis and Hayes are no different than the mainly singles teams like Styles/Angle, the Americans seeing them for the first time could probably be made to believe they're brothers (might just be me but I've always thought they looked very similar). They could be used in the same way as the Hardys when they were out of the tag title picture with Travis chasing the X Division Title and Hayes going for the TV Title.

Josh Bodom to EVOLVE. I thought about using Josh for a TNA slot but went with Joey instead and Josh has the flashier style that would lend itself more to the indies and not just the X Division. Josh could easily have match of the night/year contenders with most of the EVOLVE roster and matches with Del Sol, Generico, AR Fox & Ricochet would surely be worth the price of an iPPV.

Carmel Jacob to SHIMMER. SHIMMERs always liked to showcase international talent and the UK has almost always had a presence from Nikita to Jetta to the Knights and with Mrs Knight the current champion and Britani off the roster a storyline where Jacob becomes a protege in an attempt to ensure British dominance in the promotion well after Saraya has retired could be the perfect fit for one of the best natural heels on the British womens scene. The problem would come when Saraya keeps the title thanks to Carmels constant interferance but that stops Carmel reaching the goal she was promised so when the help stops and the title slips away the alliance is pointless and the biterness on both sides can surface.

Ollie Burns to CHIKARA. At one time Ollie seemed groomed to one day be at the top of the UK scene but after the demise of the FWA (the first time) he just faded away from the bigger shows which is a shame as he showed a lot of promise in the ring. Personally I never got much chance to see his character and mic work back then but when I did see him it seemed to be the thing he lacked. Fast forward and he has one of the boldest characters in wrestling today and where better for the wrestling drag queen outside of Mexico? A place where he can do skits with the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger of course.

Nice idea! I'd go with...

Dave Mastiff to TNA. I'd introduce him to feud with Samoa Joe in a feud built around Mastiff wanting to make a name against the big dog. Similar to the Wolfe-Angle story in 2009.

T-Bone to TNA. T-Bone could be a British counterpart to Gunner as a solid, physically imposing heavyweight who could rip through the midcard e.g. Eric Young, The Pope, Garrett, Robbie E etc. If he was to make enough noise I could see him standing in the ring alongside some main event caliber talent.

Project Ego (Kris Travis and Martin Kirby) to WWE - I like both guys and I'd like to see the pair go to WWE as a solid British tag team who can offer a variety of styles between the two of them. The pair also have a difference presence to one another which could build to a natural feud between the two upon the team splitting.

El Ligero to Chikara. Not really into the indies really but I'd like to see if El Ligero could make noise on the US indies with eyes on him to advance to the bigger companies. Obviously he is a colourful character who would look at home with the likes of El Generico and Rubix in Chikara.

Mad Man Manson to CHIKARA, hes a character it's that simple and could fit well into their roster. I could see him working more with Cabana and those sort of characters who Cabana works with there.

The Hooligans or The London Riots to Ring of Honor either team could do well in a feud against The Briscoe's and could cement themselves as bigger tag names.

I agree with the Dave Mastiff comment above. I'd send Kid Fite with or without Liam Thompson to TNA but also could work. On his own Kid Fite could do well in TNA on his own i believe but with his tag partner i think they could become a great duo that could work a style of beating people and taking names if you guys know what i mean.

Mad Man Manson to WWE. Would reinvigorate the comedy undercard by actually being funny. plus with Sheamus and Wade there, has known workers to help!

Project Ego to TNA- Trav and Kirby can work well against anyone and would certainly look good in doing so!

El Ligero to ROH- to show how the flippers should do it properly!

Dave Mastiff- DG USA- Should be a natural fit, maybe?

Got this idea from a TEW conversation that drifted off topic but thought it could give some good answers and some unthought of international dream matches. The rules are:

You are an agent representing a number of British wrestlers and you're about to go on a business trip to the States.

You take 5 wrestlers.

The chosen wrestlers can be any home grown talent currently active on the UK scene (E.G. No retired or WWE contracted wrestlers)

You can take each wrestler to one company only and must give the booker an idea of how to use him and why he would be better off with him on the roster than without.

You can use no more than 2 wrestlers in one company.

Your ideas must be realistic. You can't pitch an idea to make one of yours wrestlers the top champion (although the midcard titles are acceptable).

You can try to get 2 wrestlers bookings in a company as a tag team even if they have never worked as one previously.

My picks:

Kris Travis and Joey Hayes to TNA. With the Machine Guns and Team 3D no longer working in the same company, Beer Money moved on to bigger things and the tag titles held and contended by makeshift teams theres room for a real tag team there and while we know Travis and Hayes are no different than the mainly singles teams like Styles/Angle, the Americans seeing them for the first time could probably be made to believe they're brothers (might just be me but I've always thought they looked very similar). They could be used in the same way as the Hardys when they were out of the tag title picture with Travis chasing the X Division Title and Hayes going for the TV Title.

Josh Bodom to EVOLVE. I thought about using Josh for a TNA slot but went with Joey instead and Josh has the flashier style that would lend itself more to the indies and not just the X Division. Josh could easily have match of the night/year contenders with most of the EVOLVE roster and matches with Del Sol, Generico, AR Fox & Ricochet would surely be worth the price of an iPPV.

Carmel Jacob to SHIMMER. SHIMMERs always liked to showcase international talent and the UK has almost always had a presence from Nikita to Jetta to the Knights and with Mrs Knight the current champion and Britani off the roster a storyline where Jacob becomes a protege in an attempt to ensure British dominance in the promotion well after Saraya has retired could be the perfect fit for one of the best natural heels on the British womens scene. The problem would come when Saraya keeps the title thanks to Carmels constant interferance but that stops Carmel reaching the goal she was promised so when the help stops and the title slips away the alliance is pointless and the biterness on both sides can surface.

Ollie Burns to CHIKARA. At one time Ollie seemed groomed to one day be at the top of the UK scene but after the demise of the FWA (the first time) he just faded away from the bigger shows which is a shame as he showed a lot of promise in the ring. Personally I never got much chance to see his character and mic work back then but when I did see him it seemed to be the thing he lacked. Fast forward and he has one of the boldest characters in wrestling today and where better for the wrestling drag queen outside of Mexico? A place where he can do skits with the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger of course.

Nice to find someone who agrees with me on Ollie Burns. When I first saw his new character a while back I wondered what had become of a man with a pinfall victory over Austin Aries. But after watching and finding a bit out about why he did it, it has fast become one of my favourite gimmicks in British wrestling today. If you watch current matches of his he is putting together a great comedy element with some big moves and is one of the most entertaining performers around at the moment.

I 100% think putting him on bigger shows in this country would be an excellent choice. Crowds just enjoy Ollie's antics in the ring.

Ok so I have sat and had a think about this and my 5 guys I would take to the States are:

Kay Lee Ray to Shimmer: For me Kay Lee Ray has been the standout womens wrestler in the UK this year. Her appearances for PCW, EVE and ICW have been great and, rightly so, was rewarded with a match with Mickie James. A few British women have gone to Shimmer including Rhia O'Reilly, who I am yet to see anything of that entertains me or makes me think wow. Whereas Kay Lee entertains and just has something else.

Chuck Cyrus to Ring of Honor: This is a guy who doesn't get mentioned on the UKFF as he isn't at 'internet' favourite companies. If you get a chance youtube his name and watch him vs Brad Slayer from WAW's King of the Ring or him vs Marty Scurll. He has one of the best physiques in the UK today and has the potential to be the next breakout star in the UK. For this to happen though he needs to get out there and work for other companies. He combines a decent hard hitting style, with some excellent technical ability and is so athletic. His standing shooting star press and standing moonsaults are fantastic and if you watch the Brad Slayer match from WAW KOTR you will see an amazing Canadian Destroyer. The guy is extremely charismatic and is WAW's best heel and best talent by far.

As stated by most TNA need to reinvigorate the tag division. My next 2 guys I would take are Project Ego to TNA: Kris Travis and Martin Kirby are the current British tag team champions and I am very much looking forward to seeing them v The Allstars at the RevPro Uprising weekender. Kris Travis has been one of my guys of the year. And tagging with Martin Kirby I think that they have the potential to go to the states and help rebuild the TNA tag division. If I took them out there they probably wouldn't work as many singles matches any more but I think the pair are perfectly capable of shining at TNA.

For my last guy I am going to agree with diamond_dust and take Ollie Burns to Chikara. Chikara is a company of characters. The wrestling is amazing and that is something Ollie can do as proved in his old FWA days and his character is so great that I think the Chikara crowd would take to him immediately. The guy has a great technical ability and can battle it out with the best of them but I think that it is his character that is really going to set him apart from everyone else. I was dubious about the cross dressing gimmick when I first heard about it but from the moment I saw him do it I was captivated. I think that Ollie Burns, or Priscilla if you want to find anything on YouTube of his, deserves the opportunity to go to the states and so would be my 5th wrestler.

I understand this is a personal preference thing but if you were going to send Joey Hayes in as a tag team wrestler, would he not be better off going with Danny Hope??

He would but I decided to go with Hayes and Travis for the simple reason they look alike and could be repackaged as brothers. I would've definitely gone with Travis anyway as he'd be a better fit in TNA's X Division than Hayes, Hope or Kirby where as Joey can work a grounded style so while Travis is chasing the X Title, Hayes could go for the TV belt and not be out of place. From what I've seen of Danny Hope's early singles career he just seemed to lack something and Kirby was bumped for no other reason that I wanted to do a brothers gimmick.

Who would you put where then?

Archived